Rainforests

Rainforests

A Story by Weeping Willow
"

This is something I had to write for science

"

Rainforest

A rainforest isn’t like other forest. The rainforest is a forest that collects a lot of rainfall, yet the rainforest itself is very hot and humid. And the animals and plants had to adapt to the hot climate to survive.  Also many plants and animals live in rainforests; they depend on the rainforest for shelter and food. We also depend on rainforest for everyday items like medicine and some foods as well as rubbers. There are many rare species of plants and animals that live in rainforest. Many Australian rainforest have specie of plant not found anywhere else, and this is the case with most rainforest. There are many Rainforest, and there not hard to find.

Rainforest are mainly found around the Equator. Most of the earth’s rainforests are found in South America but they are also found in Africa, Australia, Indonesia, North America and bits of Asia. The most famous rainforest is the Amazon; in South America it is also called “The lungs of our planet”.  This is because is one of the biggest rainforest with some of the weirdest animals and plant live. Australia also has some weird animals and plant live that comes from its rainforests. In Australia all of the states have at least one or two rainforest; this is more so with Queensland and Tasmania having more than half of the rainforest of Australia. There are many things that are a part of the rainforest that keep it alive  and abiotic factors are one of the most important.

There are many abiotic factors in a rainforest they include sunlight, soil, temperature, water and wind. The temperature in a rainforest is very humid and this is why so many animals and plants that live in the rainforest. The plants and animal bloom with the humid temperature, they make use of both the humid temperature and the soft soil. The soil in a rainforest has a mixture of clay, dusky and water. The water in the rainforest is very important it affect the rain and weather patterns in other parts of the world. Without the water or rainfall the plants and animals would start to die and the plants and animals are what keep the rainforest alive. So the abiotic factors affect the rainforest in a big way, but biotic factors are also a major part of the rainforest.

Biotic factors are the living things that shape an ecosystem. They are any living thing that affects another organism. A producer is an organism that produces it’s on food. Whereas a first order consumer is something that eats the produce, the second order consumer will eat the first order consumer. In Australian rainforests there are many producers, they keep the rainforest living in their own way. There are many producers like fungi, oaks, ferns, orchids, moss and many other plants.  The main types of animals that live in rainforests are insects, birds, reptiles and frogs. Most of them are second order consumers, which is common in any rainforest. Most of these animals have adaptation that helps them survive in the forest, the Southern Cassowary can’t not fly because it’s too big, it is big so it can eat small mammals. Also leaf beetles colour allows it to blend in with its environment. 

 

The rainforest is destroyed by only one thing humans; humans have a large impact on destroying the rainforest. If it wasn’t for us limbering, mining and clearing the land for farming then the rainforest would be save. Humans are continually destroying forests and not just rainforest. Mankind destroys anything in their way, there are some people who protest against the mining, limbering and clearing the land but it’s not enough to stop them. Most of the rainforest animals die out because of humans hunting them, researching them or destroying their homes. And by killing of one animal, you kill off at let three other animals or plants. The rainforest are interconnected if you take one thing away, then it starts to fall apart. If you took say cars away from humans we would adapt, but all the fat people who probably have heart attacks and die. It’s the same with animal some would die out whereas overs would adapt.

 

Reference

http://www.srl.caltech.edu/personnel/krubal/rainforest/Edit560s6/www/what.html

http://www.srl.caltech.edu/personnel/krubal/rainforest/Edit560s6/www/facts.html

http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/rain3.htm

http://kids.mongabay.com/elementary/002.html

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/rainforest/Where.shtml

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/amazon.htm

http://www.ehow.com/list_7826455_abiotic-factors-rain-forest.html

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/rnfrst_climate_page.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_soil_like_in_the_rainforest

http://www.kidcyber.com.au/topics/biomerainfor2.htm

http://rainforest-australia.com/Rainforest_Plants.htm

http://www.realaustraliatravel.com/australian-rainforest-animals.html

 

 

© 2012 Weeping Willow


Author's Note

Weeping Willow
terilbe grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think i got a B- for this assignment, but i wasn't at most of the lessons and this is all i could write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's good is this an science assignment?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Weeping Willow

11 Years Ago

was
Grammar aside (cuz I'm just too tired right now to go through that...otherwise I would x_x) I think this is really well-written and informative...I learned a few things from it that I wasn't aware of before :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Weeping Willow

11 Years Ago

Thanks

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2012
Last Updated on September 18, 2012

Author

Weeping Willow
Weeping Willow

Dream land, Shelbyville, Australia



About
My name is Weeping Willow I am a girl, and I love to write. I’m not always good and usually get bored of something easily. I’m a little weird and far out when it comes to stories. Even th.. more..

Writing