Sadness In Creation

Sadness In Creation

A Story by Ioana Georgiana

Sadness. One of the deepest  emotions someone can exhibit.  Often times, sadness lies behind every piece of art, whether it's written in prose or free verse. But art does not limit to writing. It goes beyond that, expanding into the field of visual arts: drawing- either a draft sketched in pencil or an enthralling painting- sculpture, architecture, dancing. 

Art is a mystery in itself. No one has managed to put a label on it.  Because art is a concept of shapes, dimensions, movements and diversity. How we choose to see it, is a matter of our perspective.  What's the use of art, in a world that's ignorant when it comes to its treasures? Art brings infinite joy to the spectator. It's supposed to make heads turn, to draw people in, to mesmerize with its beauty.   

But, sometimes, art defies the stereotypes.  It stands out by showing the true nature of humanity. The darker, grittier side that tends to be hidden away.   The truth is concealed and a lie is born. The good outshines the bad. But unlike fiction, the real world isn't divided into heroes and villains.

Imagine shoving an amount of  items in the back of a small closet. How much can you fill it before it overflows?  When pushed past its limits, it snaps.  Humans are no different. When they get tired of living under the pressure of a lie, people seek comfort in art. Art is unapologetic, it's raw emotion.

Being creative doesn't make you an artist. Having an affinity and a muse at hand is not enough.  A true artist has at least double the dose of madness of an average man.  Just the right amount of insanity can transform a simple piece into a work of art. The saddest people are the richest  of all.  They channel their grief into their passion. A bitter man has the greatest power of all: making those around him feel.

Living in this perpetual state of sorrow helps  artists bring their creations to life. Some of them have sunken so deep that they do not seem to find their way out. They are trapped in their own universe, in a bubble that shields them from the outside world.
They fear that happiness will limit their capacities. Shatter their credibility and status.  A heavy heart and a creative mind govern over inner peace and an undistinguished imagination. Is the sacrifice worth the cost? 

© 2016 Ioana Georgiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep words, perfect, with artistic touch...*wesome work done here. I love it..

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 5, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2016
Tags: sad, creative, creation, art, sadness, artist

Author

Ioana Georgiana
Ioana Georgiana

Romania



About
A twenty year old with a knack for everything written. I breathe by filling my lungs with words. You can also find me at jolenepoetry on Instagram. more..

Writing