Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

A Story by Ioana Georgiana

Home cannot be defined as  something singular. It can be anything: a roof over your head, a warm shelter in the freezing winter months.  Home is a safe haven. A place where you can be accepted and loved for who you are.  It's that corner of paradise in which you retreat at the end of a long day. The  sense of familiarity you bask in: from the scent of  your favourite cookies that your mom has been baking ever since you were little,  to the sight of wilted roses on  the coffee table in the living room.
But who are we to label home as a sturdy building? This  simple word that rolls off your tongue  so  sweetly has no limits in meaning. A man, wise beyond his years once said : "Home is where your heart is. If your heart hasn't found its home yet, you've been knocking on the wrong door. 
Do not worry, for time is not wasted.  You are young. You are allowed to have doubts  once in a while.  But do not dwell too much on them because that will be the end of you. When you're young, the world expects you to know what you want in life and chase whatever that thing is. But life isnt as easy as a finger snap. You might get confused. Everything might seem overwhelming. You might even  reach a breaking point. That's okay. Not having a plan B is okay. Just remember to pick yourself back up.
Finding the perfect home for your heart is a perpetual journey.  Allow yourself to wander. Explore your options and go beyond. Don't embark on this journey expecting  it to go smoothly. Life is  just like the  rough sea: its waves carry your boat to great distances. You're the sailor. Take control of your boat or you might drown. The key to finding your home is patience. Patience to rediscover yourself.  Find something you love doing and pour your heart in it. Let yourself driven by passion. Give your all and wait untill you reap the fruits of  your labor.
And when that moment finally comes, be thankful.  You're home.

© 2015 Ioana Georgiana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on December 17, 2015
Last Updated on December 17, 2015
Tags: confusion, path, home, discovery, journey

Author

Ioana Georgiana
Ioana Georgiana

Romania



About
A twenty year old with a knack for everything written. I breathe by filling my lungs with words. You can also find me at jolenepoetry on Instagram. more..

Writing