Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by B.R.F



Life for Oscar had turned from average to horrifying in mere hours.

It all started when Oscar awoke in the morning and noticed something rather serious was occurring somewhere in the world.

He could hear the flat screen tv in the living room tuned to CNN.

“ Oh great. I wonder what is happening now” thought Oscar as he started to get dressed for the usual day at school.

As Oscar was in the middle of getting dressed,his phone started ringing on his dresser next to the bed.

He quickly made his way towards to phone and looked to see who was calling him so early in the morning.

“Call from Crystal” rang the phone.

“Damn i wonder why she would be calling so early in the morning” said Oscar to himself as he answered the call and brought the phone next to his ear.

“Hey Crystal. What’s up?”

“Hey Oscar! Good Morning! Good to see that you are awake on time for once haha. You ready for school?”

“What do you mean for once? Usually you are the one who gets to class late.” Replied Oscar as he started to make his way towards the bathroom in order to brush his teeth

Oscar could still hear the news reporter announcing details to an important news event.

“ Well I just wanted to make sure that you were up to picking me up for school today. My mom still isn’t feeling well from her illness.”

“ Sure thing Crystal. I should be outside your house in about 15 minutes. You better be ready by the time i drive by your house haha.”

“Yikes! haha well I better start getting ready! See you in 15!” yelled Crystal as she hanged up the phone call.

Oscar continued to get ready for the school day. He decided on a black T-shirt with some black jeans and his usual black combat boots.

Oscar was about five foot four with short thick jet black hair and caramel colored skin. He lived with his father in a rather small but cozy house on the outskirts of the city. The house had two small rooms, a kitchen, single bathroom, decent sized backyard, and a front porch.

Oscar loved to spend his evenings sitting on the steps of the front porch and looking up at the infinite night sky. Moments like those that reminded Oscar of his mother who died when he was an infant.  The only memory he still has of her is simply a women with kind eyes and a weary and tired smile.

He finished getting dressed and made his way towards the living room where the flat screen TV was still blaring the voice of a news reporter from CNN. He saw that his father was sitting on the couch and looking religiously at the TV.

“Anything exciting going on?’ said oscar as he sat on the couch next to his dad.

Oscar was too preoccupied with the exciting idea of being in the car again with crystal to notice the words scrolling by on the bottom of the TV screen.

As much as he hated to admit to himself, he had a sort of crush on Crystal. It was not like he planned to develop feelings for her. It was a slow process that sneaked up on him before he realized it.

He glared at the clock and quickly got up and made his way towards the front door. Oscar said a quick goodbye to his dad as he closed the door and locked the lock.


the awkward silence coming from his dad was not unusual at all. He was not the same after the death of the love of his life. Oscars mom was the very foundation and well once she was gone, so was the structure of his family.

“ Have a great day at work Dad” Yelled out Oscar as he made he closed the front door and started walking down the steps of the front porch and towards his car. Oscar drove a black mitsubishi mirage 2015. Sure it was rather small but he did not mind it due to the great gas mileage the car had. Saved a fortune on gas.



© 2018 B.R.F


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on April 16, 2018
Last Updated on April 16, 2018


Author

B.R.F
B.R.F

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I enjoy writing but i enjoy reading even more more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Book by B.R.F