Tavern Song

Tavern Song

A Poem by Sarah Marie

To a tavern after a day of plunder, walks the pirate king, thief of women and captain of wonder. 
He sits for a drink and calls the barmaid to his chair, searching the room for something pretty at which to stare.
Innkeeper's daughter, innkeeper's wife have yet to show him the beauty of the rest of his life.
Until his eyes fall upon a woman, his ears perking up at the sound of her humming.
He meets her gaze and with a grin, offers her the infamous, favorite sin.
'Lovely lass, ye tavern wench, sit beside me on this bench. I've a secret I'd like to share as I stroke thy golden hair. 
'A crew of men 'tis all I've known which has left my touch alone. I've seen great tides, endured black waves; yet but a kiss my lips have craved.
'Ye taunt my heart-this view of thy breast; I'd much prefer thou wear something less. Abrupt and sudden I may seem, yet I've longed for a bed and woman between.
'Let's steal away to my bobbing ship. I promise I'll do well to tip. Thou gentle face and pleading eyes cause me pain for want of thy cries.
'I need no moans ye damning dame-simply a gasp of my pirate name. Then ye shall lie thy head on my chest for thy rewarded time of rest.
'My buccaneer bosom, ye lady long legs, soon for another night with me thy passion shall beg.'
She smiles at the promise of all he has to show her, watching as his kiss ventures far lower.
'My Lord, my love, ye cruel pirate king. Why must ye cause my body to sting?
'If thou wouldst wait for my reply, thou wouldst know I would be overjoyed to lie
'Within thy bed, captured in want, reveling in the depths of thy pirate king brunt.'
'My buccaneer bosom, there ye shall stay; ye lady long legs, in my hold ye shall lay."

© 2012 Sarah Marie


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

an amusing story told in this most enjoyable poem, thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 20, 2012
Last Updated on June 20, 2012

Author

Sarah Marie
Sarah Marie

my own world...come visit me!, SC



About
Aspiring starving artist: Bachelor's degree in English, minor in professional writing, concentration in writing, unofficial concentration in British literature...2017 more..

Writing