Coincidence or Connection?

Coincidence or Connection?

A Story by Sara Mercury
"

A study in ethereal messages or just plain insanity! (lol)

"

A certain Instagram personality (whose actual name cannot be mentioned, so I will refer to him hereinafter as “Mr. X”) has made some posts after my personal message to him on Instagram having to do with the link to Writers’ Café and my previously published novel, Lord of the Manor, on this site. (This work is no longer published on this site because it is now published for sale on the Lulu Bookstore online.)

 

Since that time, he has posted some things on Instagram that make me wonder if he’s actually read it!

 

Shortly after me sending him the personal message on Instagram about my book on Writers’ Café (with a link), he posted a picture of youngest daughter and caption with the remark that she is “taking food scraps to the compost heap.” He also made mention of Mr. Darcy, a character from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, which was written and published during the same era as the story in Lord of the Manor.

 

Interesting coincidence? I think so! Consider:

 

Lord of the Manor makes reference to taking food scraps to the compost heap on Pg. 17:

 

 

The male staff consisted of six kitchen boys who performed various duties, such as: carrying buckets of hot water from the below-stairs kitchen to fill wash basins and tubs throughout the house; carrying heavy loads of wood and coal for the fires; keeping the fires lit in the kitchen; taking food scraps out to the compost heap; and disposing of the manor rubbish.

 

 

Another more recent Instagram post “Mr. X” made was of a video upload of some of his personal artwork/sketches of ladies, with caption mentioning “the fairer sex.”

 

Travers in Lord of the Manor is quoted on Pg. 67 as saying:

 

“…If more of the fairer sex handled being strong-willed, opinionated, and intelligent with as much dignity as you do, it probably wouldn’t be so much a taboo.”

 

Then, there was yet another post (just days after the one about the fairer sex) of his latest work, which was a red-white-and blue abstract artwork/painting with the caption: “Do you read? …. Over.”

 

In Lord of the Manor, on Pg. 68, Travers and Katherine have the following discussion:

 

Travers smiled as he gazed into her eyes. “Hmmm…” he began, trying to think. “I suspect that you spend a lot of time reading books.”

Katherine’s lips widened into a smile, totally impressed by his intuitiveness and bluntness in declaring it. “You astonish me, Travers,” she stated, addressing him in the familiar. “I do read, it’s true,” she confessed. 

 

Amazing coincidences? Or perhaps, a bit more? It really makes me wonder!

© 2024 Sara Mercury


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on February 13, 2024
Last Updated on February 13, 2024

Author

Sara Mercury
Sara Mercury

Harrisburg, IL



About
My fans know me as Sara Mercury. By day, I am a social worker. By night, I am an artist of many talents; i.e., an amateur painter, songwriter, musician/pianist, singer, poet, and novelist. I'm also an.. more..

Writing