Two Lattes (A short story)

Two Lattes (A short story)

A Story by CloakedWriter

Every Day, I wait. It's been a routine i have gotten accustomed to, But in a good way.
In my mind, in my heart, it has always been him.  Ever since that day in the cafe when he first met my gaze.
'The usual' he'd tell me, that's my cue.  I make him two warm lattes, the one and only thing that connects us.
Every day he sits at the exact same spot waiting... and waiting...
Oftentimes I catch a glimpse of him staring into empty space, lost in his deep thoughts.  It always made me wonder, sometimes a pang of jealousy hits me and at times sadness.
Whoever he's waiting for is one lucky person.
I love those days when the world takes a break from all the rush.  It is during those times he talks to me. And whenever he does, it's like he can see through my soul.  If only he knows... if only...
Every day, I wait, but today feels different.  I never caught a glimpse of him or hear his voice.  I never made him two lattes. 
Instead I received a letter, this is what it read:


Dear Anna, 
It's been two years since that day I first set eyes on you and from that moment on, everything to me was different.  I'd go to the cafe every day having that optimism that one day we could be friends and maybe even more.  
I've been wanting to tell you for so long how i felt.  I might be just some stranger or that guy who orders two lattes every single day but did you ever wonder who the other latte was for?
You. It has always been for you and it has always been you, Anna.
Not one moment did I question my feelings because i know that it is real.
I love you, Anna.
If only I were there to tell you in person but not everyone is fortunate to live long enough and be with the person they love.  
Thank you for bringing hope into my life.  Remember that you are loved more than you will ever know and I will always be watching over you from the heavens above.

*   *   *

Every Day, I waited. But there are moments in our life we cannot change, times we cannot turn back, and people we cannot bring back.  
Sometimes we just have to believe and trust that that person, though we were not able to share our love and life with, is now in a more beautiful place, and in the hands of someone who has the greatest love one can give to this world.  

© 2012 CloakedWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh... This story is so Sad...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012
Tags: two lattes, short story, romance, love, fiction, coffee shop

Author

CloakedWriter
CloakedWriter

About
I'm not a professional writer, It's just something that I've always wanted to explore and do. I'm a book lover and read mostly romantic and chic-lit novels. Because of my love for writing and pr.. more..

Writing
Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by CloakedWriter


1- Last Day 1- Last Day

A Chapter by CloakedWriter