Peace by Piece

Peace by Piece

A Poem by thumbelina

I was scrawling the story of a fairy tale across pages in a diary, whilst you were etching the deepest scars across every inch of this delicate body.

I was curled up at your feet, begging to be worthy of your time, whilst you were kicking the misery out of my guts.

I was dancing across the horizon, inviting your soul to burn up in the sun with mine, but you were anchoring your body to the bottom of the ocean - just refusing to be free!

I was searching for similes and metaphors to write this out as some kind of romance; some sort of poetic performance - sorry, s**t, i mean this pathetic performance... while you were hiding in her echoes, wrapped up in a vibration of her empty words.

One by one, I am releasing these butterflies, for they are clogging up my lungs, with the stains of your name spilt all over their tattered wings - they are turning my heart black. So, one by one, you will see all that you think you know me as, fly free.

© 2015 thumbelina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful imagery...and I love the title.
I am saddened by the pain your life has experienced, but I appreciate your creative expression, dear poet. Keep sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2015
Last Updated on March 20, 2015

Author

thumbelina
thumbelina

United Kingdom



About
I've only recently started to write poetry so I still have a lot of room for improvements. I write solely as a way of expressing my own thoughts and emotions. Every poem I share is a piece of myself t.. more..

Writing
(draft) (draft)

A Poem by thumbelina