Mirror mirror

Mirror mirror

A Poem by tiajam

Mirror mirror, I see your face
The ugly jagged spikes
Stains of rough red and
The shine as the one light
Creeps in past the boarded up windows
SCREAM
I can't control it
I scream to be rid of it
I want it out, gone
I can feel it like the devil in me
It wears glasses with red lenses
Like the one side of the glasses I used to play with as a child
But there is no blue lens
To even it out, neutralise it
It's like another part of me
But I want it gone
I slash and I rip
The blood flows, but it stays
Deeper and deeper
But it's hidden away
I scream and I cry,
May it escape that way
But it laughs in my face
As it knows my pain
"You're worthless, ugly
An invisible animal"
No one can hear but it screams
So loud
I know it's right
I can't hear in classes
I can't talk to peers
I can't think straight,
I can't do anything
And in that mirror I see
Not my reflection but it
I see the ugly, angry, lonely, pointless person staring back at me
With a pathetic tear in my eye
And scars on my skin.

© 2015 tiajam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sometimes the mirror reveals to us what we want to see least, usually by entrapping our hearts and minds within its reflective walls. When that happens, all you want to do is shout at it and say, "I know I'm not perfect, damn it! I know! I've known for all of my life! I know there are things I can't do that others can! I know there are people who are far greater than me, people who I will never become or even come close to being like! I know that I have done terrible things, that I have had terrible thoughts! I know, damn it, I know! Do you not think that I know who and what I am?" Then, with a reply in the tongue of a bedeviled serpent it says, "Then why do you not change yourself?" See, that is the greatest vice of the mirror. It is a serpent with a tongue of poisoned silver, a beast that is a bedfellow to guilt, a beast that feeds off all hope and light. It understands the human mind and with that understanding, snatches up the hearts of its victims and injects its venomous lies into them. Yet, that beast of the mirror, it is one that resides within you, never slumbering and always on the prowl ever ready to capture and torture its unguarded prey before devouring it. But this is a beast whose vice is also its weakness, for, if the victim is wary, it will give up the way to defeat it to them. The victim then catches the hint, this secret, and then utilizes it against the creature in full. Acceptance, this is the only shield that can buffer the beasts attacks. For it is in acceptance than the no-longer victim realizes that is who they are and with that comes the weapon that vanquishes the foul monster: The sword of perseverance. With this, the now hero strikes a crippling blow saying, "Yes, this is who I am, but this is not who I shall remain. For you see, I am a strong willed human being, one who will push past all this, leaving the past in the past, and just striving to grow the greatness the lies within me as well. Yes, I can be a monster as you are, but I can also be the most courageous of heroes. I behold a weapon that even you cannot resist: perseverance. With this I shall conquer you and cut away your lies. With this I will become the greatest me that I can be, fighting through each trial and staying strong at every turn. It is I who has won and not you. And you will never win again." And with that, the beast, cowering in awe, fear, and pain, creeps back into the dark crevice it slithered out of. I hope this was helpful and an apt application to the poem. If I am of the mark, I apologize for my folly. I thoroughly enjoyed the poem and it spoke to me as one who as experienced these same emotions.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I wish it was like facebook where you can like things without having to review or comment because there are no words for this haha

Posted 8 Years Ago


I wish it was like facebook where you can like things without having to review or comment because there are no words for this haha

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tiajam

8 Years Ago

Ha ta Hollie
Ouch...such a painful poem. I did smile at the allusion to the red and blue 3d glasses....but that's where the smiling stopped. My suggestion....get a new mirror.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

tiajam

8 Years Ago

This was written on a bad day I appreciate the comment 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
4 Reviews
Added on June 24, 2015
Last Updated on June 24, 2015

Author

tiajam
tiajam

United Kingdom



About
18, enjoy exploring the human mind and fantasy possibilities in my writing. (amateur) more..

Writing
Dear School Dear School

A Poem by tiajam