Basically a Load of Bull

Basically a Load of Bull

A Poem by tiajam

We say meaningful words to one another every day…


I love you! A profession of love to one who ought to hear such words.


I love you! A sentence said without thought, comment to a dear friend.


I love you! A plead with one who you fear you may lose, a last hope.


I love you! The end of an argument, a confession, the conclusion to a drawn-out prose.


I love you! Words said on either side of sleeping and awakening.


I love you! The words that save lives.


Meaningful words or meaningful tone? Meaningful words or meaningful looks, movements? Life is so much more than mere words but words are our life and our life is filled… overflowing with words we are too lazy to learn the true meanings of and we throw them about like they aren’t meaningful. We throw them about like they are mere words that amount to nothing.


They amount to nothing.


In words are meaning, we take that away and all we are left with is delivery.  


The words that are nothing without meaning have no true meaning.

© 2017 tiajam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hi taijam! i like this poem and how you explore the meanings of words (or specifically just the word 'love'). it reminded me of when i was a kid and was taught that eskimos have something like 40 words for water; which is interesting because in english we have the one word 'love' which could have 40 different meanings, all depending on the things you mentioned (tone, looks, movements, delivery). and i like that you're essentially asking: what is actually meaningful? it makes me think too. thanks for sharing this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tiajam

7 Years Ago

Thank you and I'm glad I got across what I was getting at 😊



Reviews

I'm sorry I thought I'd already reviewed this fine piece of arts

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Definitely a word not to use lightly, well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tiajam

7 Years Ago

thank you.
Love at its core is more than a word it is an unyielding concept of giving everything you have and not fearing backlash. Love is daring and uncensored, sometimes twisted or distorted but pure all the same. It's only when a fool utters something they didn't understand or value, in that moment love is corrupted and demeaned. Love is endearing and unbiased with many forms. Love is the only thing that reforms empty pain, love gives new meaning to insane. The only thing that hurts love is a love that was never shared.

Sorry for kind of ranting on your post its just that your work was very inspiring to me as you wrote on love that has more than one form and can be expressed any way. Well I think I've ranted enough so all that's left to say is great work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Autonomous

7 Years Ago

Side note I get the whole what is love but a overused word that lacks true depth and meaning, to be .. read more
tiajam

7 Years Ago

Ha, thank you for sharing your opinion and views, and thank you for reading my poem.
hi taijam! i like this poem and how you explore the meanings of words (or specifically just the word 'love'). it reminded me of when i was a kid and was taught that eskimos have something like 40 words for water; which is interesting because in english we have the one word 'love' which could have 40 different meanings, all depending on the things you mentioned (tone, looks, movements, delivery). and i like that you're essentially asking: what is actually meaningful? it makes me think too. thanks for sharing this!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

tiajam

7 Years Ago

Thank you and I'm glad I got across what I was getting at 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2017
Last Updated on January 30, 2017

Author

tiajam
tiajam

United Kingdom



About
18, enjoy exploring the human mind and fantasy possibilities in my writing. (amateur) more..

Writing
Dear School Dear School

A Poem by tiajam


Corruption Corruption

A Story by tiajam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Let him be Let him be

A Poem by BBP