Dreamer

Dreamer

A Poem by tiefightersunite
"

another assignment, just to write out dreams that we could remember, without really going into a lot of detail.

"

My grandmother’s basement: pain burning through my body.

A shadow behind the venetian blinds with a gun trained on me.

Eyes that turn red in the night and devour happy thoughts.

Gills on my neck, power in my legs, and zombies at the door…

Free behind the wheel next to him, secure, safe in everything.

The end of time, earth a wasted battle field, red dawn at the horizon.

Astronaut with a leak in his suit, death strapped to his back.

Everyone leaving. No eye contact. No touch. No recognition from anyone, just people moving past me impatiently.

Alone on a stage with no thoughts, no words or actions and the crowd whispers angrily, hungry for entertainment that I cannot provide.

Water, endless water, and I am floating weightlessly on its surface forever, for miles, for years.

Failing at every aspiration, with no more options, and my life is utterly spent.

Complete joy in a newborn’s eyes, mine. My own to love, with him at my side.

Spiders so huge they tower over my bed and click and blink their eyes.

Its’ too small, it’s too big, it’s never going to be right.

Pulled back in the arm of a giant slingshot, destination: hell.

Falling, forever falling, without a ground rushing up to fear.

Two friends looking on, and the most passionate and intense kiss I could imagine.

Floating in a sort of shimmery mist, surrounded by warm air every color imaginable and then some.

Safe in the arms of a lover, warmth, closeness, never needing to move again.

Buying parts of a car, one at a time, and then assembling them. The car is white.

The day that ruined everything, yet the words are all wrong.

Sitting in the attic, looking through toys that aren’t mine.

 

© 2009 tiefightersunite


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on November 5, 2009

Author

tiefightersunite
tiefightersunite

richmond, VA



About
i read, i write, i paint, i play. i think things through way too much. i like solitude most times. i love best friends, i adore poetry, and music is my main squeeze. talk to me, i'd love to know you. .. more..

Writing