Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
creature of the night

creature of the night

A Poem by tiefightersunite
"

alcohol.

"

 

relief when the numb buzz floods my veins, and thoughts stumble into silence and warm drifting sleep... i wanna wake up with that thick sickly sweet air in my mouth, the grit in the corners of my eyes to make me blink, and blink, and blink in the harsh light. falling through and past the headache, over and under the buzz and tossing then turning beyond the edge, beyond the limit. this is where i long to be, dizzying nothingness that whispers that i dont have to worry, everything will be alright with one more sip. theyll all go away after just one more cup of sharp liquid, this heat in me will consume all else. my veins are not mere flesh, but metal and wood and ash under flame from my lips. my mind is awash with the soothing babble of intoxication, and it lifts me away from my troubles, over a foaming sea and into a detached horizon.

 


© 2009 tiefightersunite


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on November 9, 2009
Last Updated on November 9, 2009

Author

tiefightersunite
tiefightersunite

richmond, VA



About
i read, i write, i paint, i play. i think things through way too much. i like solitude most times. i love best friends, i adore poetry, and music is my main squeeze. talk to me, i'd love to know you. .. more..

Writing