Chain

Chain

A Story by tiefightersunite
"

chain reaction. itty bitty stories all connected.

"

She stumbled and fell, her cheeks staining red from embarrassment, her stiletto heel caught in a sidewalk crack. He reached out a hand at the last minute, catching her arm just before she hit the pavement. Her uplifted eyes spoke nothing but gratitude to the stranger.

 

His eyes lingered on a woman, late twenties perhaps, in an alluring purple dress and silver heels. Her figure was delicate, almost too perfect. As he stared, her heel caught on a crack in the sidewalk and he saw her face turn from calm to panic in seconds.

 

The old man gripped his cane unsteadily, groaning inwardly as he noticed the younger, fitter men stepping quickly around him in his slower pace. Suddenly, a tall beautiful woman tripped right in front of him, and his arm darted out to grasp her arm firmly, belying his frailty. He paused to make sure she was alright before shuffling off once more.

 

Chewing gum popping, she bent to tie her ruby red shoelaces. A necklace slipped out from under her shirt and hit her chin, bouncing cheerily between her neck and her chest. She straightened up, throwing her head to the side to get her long dark hair out of her face.

 

Not paying attention. His blackberry is beeping wildly, and he just doesn’t have the time. His pace is brusque and focused; he knows where he needs to be and how to get there. He is about to make a left turn onto 4th street when a literal mane of hair smacks him square in the face, momentarily stunning him.

 

© 2009 tiefightersunite


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story! Wonderful imagery! The details and descriptions were amazing! I really liked it! I liked how everything came together! Very interesting and great story! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


There's lots of great imagery pouring out on the page...
I love the different perspectives of the event.. (Yes?)
The ending was a delight...
Manes CAN BE treacherous when unexpected..
Thanks for the ride..
LeeLee (I'm originally from Richmond--small world)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2009
Last Updated on November 19, 2009

Author

tiefightersunite
tiefightersunite

richmond, VA



About
i read, i write, i paint, i play. i think things through way too much. i like solitude most times. i love best friends, i adore poetry, and music is my main squeeze. talk to me, i'd love to know you. .. more..

Writing