Dear Student

Dear Student

A Story by The Skybreaker
"

I wrote this to a student going into the eighth grade next year and thought it would be pretty helpful. So if you are going into the eighth grade, and expecially if you're in the blue house at mwcms, READ THIS NOW!

"

Dear Student,

   Welcome to the eighth grade! You are in with the big dogs now, the top of the school. And boy, does it feel great! It's a big adjustment from seventh grade however, and there are some basics you need to cover to survive. Classes, freinds, and just plain life gets a lot harder. Are you ready?

   All four major teachers are kind, likable, and fair, but it's best to stay on their good side. Unless your dearest ambition is to become good friends with Mr. Costello, don't cross them. Behave in class, and if you are going to talk, be subtle. Perfect the art of note passing and lip reading, and develope "teacher vision" to know when to strike. The hallways are teacher territory as well, so don't let your guard down once you leave the classroom.

   As the year goes on, school's end seems farther and farther away Just because it seems as though you have all the time in the world doesn't mean you do. Do your best every day, so you don't have to worry about grades at years end. One bad test can bring down your grade substantially, so watch out.

   Even though it may seem that you are the big shots now, be kind to the underclassmen. Next year, in high school, you will be in the same position they are in now. You will sorely regret pushing them around when that time comes.

   Lunch. The epittamy of all things good about school. It's loud, fun, and a time for you to be who you really are. But don't push it. Singing "Happy Birthday" for someone is nice, but obnoxious noise will be diceplined (if you get caught...). You may think planning a food fight sounds like fun for example, but if it happens action will be taken. Field trips may be taken forgranted as a rock solid benefit of school, but they are a privlidge and can be taken away.

   This year, it's time to come out of your shell. If you are shy, throw caution to the winds and get yourself out there! You will be amazed at how nice people can be if you give them the chance. Also, cooties are out of fashion. Mingle with the opposite gender! It will only widen your range of aquaintences, and you may find a great friend in the process. Oh, and don't stick to one little group either. It can only spell disaster. Become friends with everyone, from the "nerds" to the "populars". Everyone will like and respect you for it.

   At the beginning of the year, your teachers may seem scary, loud, and just plain crazy. And sometimes, they are! Don't let that intimidate you. Once you get to know them, all four teachers are "practically perfect in every way." ( You'll understand that later.) By following this advice, you'll go places in your last year in middle school.

 

                              Wishing you the very best, 

             Belinda   

  

© 2008 The Skybreaker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very thought out guide
Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2008

Author

The Skybreaker
The Skybreaker

Oh, yeah, the world really needs to know that! Let's pretend I forgot, okay?, AK



About
I love to read, write, draw, sing, paint- basically any form of art I like! My favorite color is purple. Some people say I like animals more than people! (I do find them kinder and more rewarding to w.. more..

Writing
Tears Tears

A Poem by The Skybreaker