A Nightmares Reality

A Nightmares Reality

A Story by Nikolai J. Ryker
"

its not really a horror ... more of a suspense but sense they do not have suspense its labeled horror, hope you enjoy

"
John was lying awake staring at the ceiling through the dark. He was trying not to make much noise, because his wife was sleeping right next to him as he watched her sleep so peaceful with her curly blonde hair draped over her shoulders. As she lay there on her side with her head resting on his arm,he couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked as he brushed her hair from her face with his fingers. After a wile he laid back and continued his intense stare at the ceiling, in efforts to make himself sleep. As he was just drifting off he heard a light tapping. 
He sat up and listened for it again he didn't hear anything so he laid back and tried to go to sleep again. Then he heard it again, and noticed it was coming from the front of the house. So he got up and went down the hallway into the living room and stood for a moment. He was about to go back to bed when he heard a loud pounding right next to him and nearly jumped out of his skin. Once he got his heart to stop beating so fast, he walked over to the door and opened it. The porch was dark and vacant, so he flipped on the light and stepped out onto the porch. As he looked around he thought he saw a figure disappear behind the side of the house, but after looking closer he blamed it on a trick of the light. So he went back inside, shut the door and turned off the light. 
As he was flipping the lock into place he heard a loud crash and a deafening scream coming from the back of the house. He took off at a dead run for his bedroom when he threw open the door he noticed all the broken glass on the floor, and the shattered window. His wife was pushed back into a corner trying to stay as far away from the thing that had just come crashing through the window. It looked like the figure of a man on all fours covered completely in very baggy black clothing. As the figure was slowly picking itself off of the floor, john looked for something he could use as a weapon. He looked to his left and grabbed the 4 foot lamp that was standing by the door and yanked the plug out of the wall wile setting his feet ready for anything, or so he thought. 
The figure whipped around to look at john, but as it turned John realized that every part of the figure was covered, except for its eyes. Wile they studied each other John noticed something that caught him off guard. He recognized this person! but he couldn't put a name to the figure. John realized that the figure reminded him of someone in his family but he couldn't remember who... then there eyes met and John knew exactly who it was, but how was another mater for another time. As the figure stared at him with the dark blue eyes with flecks of yellow-gold throughout them john knew, and thought about all his family and how all of them had the same dark emerald green eyes, all but one... him. 
The figure stood up and the dark cloth that had been used as a veil, fell from his face. At that moment time froze as John looked into the face of this mirror image of himself that had just crashed threw his window, he had a strange feeling that he knew why the mirror him was there. 
Then it leaped for him without warning and dragged him to the ground, and put all his weight on his chest with his hands around johns neck. John felt his heart throbbing and his lungs burning, his vision started to go black around the edges but the thing on top of him kept him down. As john looked at its face surprised to see the things face contorted with rage and absolute hatred as john started to fade, his last thought was "dang what could i do to piss myself off this much??!?". Then the thing tightened its grip until john thought he was going to pop, and it leaned forward and whispered in his ear " your life will end at the stroke of midnight tonight!" 
With a flash of bright white light and then everything went black, John sat bolt upright in bed soaked in sweat. He glanced at the clock 11:46. He laughed a little and laid back down looking at the ceiling, when he thought he heard a light tapping from the front of the house...

© 2011 Nikolai J. Ryker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a great thing to write, although.. i'd say there are many stories like these where's it's all " Just a dream" so you have to step it up a notch. It's hard. because many people write stories alike. with the same plot. so yeah.. anyways, it was a great write nonetheless.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I LOVE this story! Haha glad you edited it! :) :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it was really good the only thing that let it down was the cliche it was just a dream ending

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This was a great thing to write, although.. i'd say there are many stories like these where's it's all " Just a dream" so you have to step it up a notch. It's hard. because many people write stories alike. with the same plot. so yeah.. anyways, it was a great write nonetheless.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

oh man this IS horror.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 8 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

188 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 23, 2011
Last Updated on May 23, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..