untitled ...as of yet

untitled ...as of yet

A Story by Nikolai J. Ryker
"

this is a teaser for a book i was thinking of writing, I'd be happy to hear what you think thanks and i hope you enjoy =)

"

Jack stood at the back of the plane, his gear weighing heavily on his shoulders as he waited anxiously for the time to pass. Then the green light flashed. He pulled open the door with all his might, looked over the edge into the darkness and for a split second that familiar question came into his head just like it always did before a jump "what the heck are you thinking jumping out of a plane". Pushing the thought aside he mustered up his courage and jumped into the pitch black sky. the roar of the engines quickly began to fade and the wind rushed by his face as he watched his meter ... 1200ft... 1000ft... 800ft... 500ft... PULL! 


His shoot went out behind him and he felt the familiar jerk as the wind snapped into the canvas. as he looked around for a place to land he spotted a small clearing surrounded by trees, so he angled his dissent and closed in. "50ft up, almost down" he thought to himself, but then he heard the sound he had been dreading... gunshots. They were shooting at him! as he willed himself to get down quicker, until his parachute was shot and he started to fall faster and faster he realized he was coming in to fast and he was going to overshoot the clearing. He fell faster and faster until he felt a excruciating thud against his ribs and plummeted at the tree line.


     As he opened his eyes the sun shinned brightly around him, he had a moment where he didn't know where he was. Then he remembered his jump from the night before and his ribs, oh his ribs hurt like he had just been kicked by a mule. he quickly checked himself over and found 2 bullet wounds but no broken bones. He knew he had to find a medic from the jump, but he was in enemy territory. Then he heard noises of heavy boots around him, he knew he couldn't draw attention to himself so he retrieved his gear from his bag, his gun, food rations for 3 days, and a sleeping bag. He found a defensible position and settled in for what could be the fight of his life.


wedged in between a large bolder and a tree, jack sat with his back protected rations next to him and his gun in his hand.  He waited for the sound of the heavy boots to fade before he let himself breath again.  He set down his gun and grabbed his bag, he pulled out his only extra shirt and as quietly as possible ripped it into strips.  After he was done he proceeded to wrap his wounds to stop the bleeding until he could get to a medic.


     He quickly put everything back into his bag and got ready to go in search of his platoon, when all of a sudden the woods came alive with the sounds of battle.  There was gunfire in the distance to his right, towards the clearing he missed the night before, along with the distant screams of soldiers fighting and dieing.  Jack knew his best chances of finding his platoon was to head towards the fighting in hopes of joining his comrades.  Slowly but surly he began to make progress towards the clearing moving from tree to tree, so as not to be seen.  When Jack finally made it to the edge of the clearing his eyes showed him a sight that chilled him to the very bone...

© 2011 Nikolai J. Ryker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love this! You should totally do it!!!! ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011