Character

Character

A Story by TJ

In the beginning, he pleaded for his life.

 

Now, he begs for his death.

 

Abraham said, "If you want to test a man's character, give him power.”

 

I say, if you want to test a man's character, give him pain.

© 2011 TJ


Author's Note

TJ
this is been bouncing around in my head for about a week now. i tried to let it fester until i came up with more to write, but it was giving me a headache.

to be continued...maybe?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This has definitely been bouncing around in your head for a reason! Very creepy and as others have said, very chilling. You should really keep going with this, see where it takes you. Can't wait to read the character that you create who thinks along these lines, very scary. You definitely have something here, go with it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The picture in itself captured my attention Timmy :), seriously I love the opening of this story, be sure to let me know when you've added more. Very impressive how you've grabbed the readers attention in just a few sentences, and to think you have yet to get started! 100/100

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and to the point, I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really love this just the way it is. I don't think it needs anything added to it.
It just leaves you thinking, which is what I think makes good writing..great.
Wonderful job! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Pain or power will do the testing. Having suffered the first in the soul, I have been tested. I can't say whether or not my character has been changed. Others might see what I cannot. I have not the power to purposefully change, so pain must suffice. Good to see you get this mental ball out of the room. Yes, expand on it before you feel like you are drowning!

Good water-boarding of your mind!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

=D loved the part about it giving you a headache. I know that one!
This kind of brings to mind that movie "the Cell" movie with Jenn. Lopez. You know, that scene where the guy is winding that man's intestines onto a stick that plays like a music box as it spins. At least, that's how I remember it- haven't seen that movie for 10 years. Anyways;
This could be a fantastic opening for some sort of torture series; maybe the diary of a soldier whose job it is to torture people? Or even a diary of a psycho killer who tortures people before he kills them.
Just please, p-please doon't send me the read request. I hate that Italian-type horror. I'll pass on the torture, if I may.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent! Pain is an emotion seldom explored..this is EPIC! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Sometimes it is best to not continue, this is powerful, yes short it maybe, but packed full of punch, power.
Awesome

Posted 12 Years Ago


This reminds me of a line from a show I once watched, "Kali, Aura, Cronus Tonic, Air like nectar, thick as onyx, kissaled by your second star, hod mine victim as in tar, I owe you pain", well done, great and thought provoking words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2329 Views
89 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011

Author

TJ
TJ

Virginia Beach, VA



About
My name is TJ and I'm still just your typical aspiring author :) Follow me on twitter @tj_coles And for some short stories in 140 characters or less follow @timmystales more..

Writing
The Last Lie The Last Lie

A Story by TJ


The Last Promise The Last Promise

A Story by TJ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cavalry Cavalry

A Poem by TJ


The Curse The Curse

A Story by TJ