Mr. Coco's Guest

Mr. Coco's Guest

A Story by tinflea
"

Mr.Coco talks with Mr.Alucard.

"
"So, Mr. 'Alucard', I hope you are comfortable in your new home." Mr.Coco, sitting on a folding chair outside a large cell, was speaking softly to its occupant. The director had been quite generous with this guest, he was allowed to wear his own clothes, not the standard orange uniform, and the cell was one of the larger ones they had built. Fully furnished, it would be the envy of the other prisoners, if only they knew about it. The vampire sat in a plush, maroon colored chair. He was slouching with his legs stretched out towards Mr.Coco and his arms folded and resting on his chest. He was perfectly motionless. He didn't breathe, his eyes didn't blink and the smile he gave Mr.Coco was frozen on his face. He looked straight ahead with his two intense brown eyes. Mr.Coco said nothing more, he sat patiently and waited. Eventually, the guest spoke.

"Hello sir, to answer your question, yes, I am perfectly comfortable, thank you." His lips moved while every other part of his body remained still. "Did I notice a hint of a smile upon your face as you said my name just now?" Mr.Coco arched his right brow. "Vanity, I know. One of my faults I'm afraid. After all these years you would think such traits would tire and die, but with time they only grow stronger." Mr.Coco broke his silence and asked, "You know where you are?" The guest now shifted his body and sat straight in his chair. Mr. Coco noticed he began breathing and blinking. He felt a little more at ease around Mr. Alucard who took on the appearance of a friendly, charming person--a person you could confide your deepest thoughts and feelings to--a great man even; someone worthy of respect and admiration, maybe, perhaps, even more than a man--why not a god! Mr.Coco felt for a moment an unnatural desire to free Mr. Alucard, escort him from this prison--this wretched place of cruelty and despair--to a place of light and goodness, where all those with benevolent hearts and enlightened minds could come to worship this great god who sat before him on the comfortable, maroon chair.

Strange! Mr. Coco focused his mind on the chair, trying his best to ignore the man sitting on it. He followed the swirling patterns on the arms, then looked at the wooden stumps, intent on suppressing these thoughts he was having.

"I believe I am somewhere in North America, is that correct?" "That is correct," Mr. Coco replied. "And I have been brought here for what purpose?" Mr. Coco finished writing something down on his notepad and then said, "You are here because you are dangerous." Mr. Alucard again stopped breathing and his eyes stopped blinking as he responded to what he had just been told. "I understand completely. Is this to be a permanent detention, or is there hope that I might one day be freed? I would appreciate a frank and honest reply." Mr.Coco's eyes began to water and a great feeling of pity and sadness brewed inside his heart. "There is hope for you, just as there is hope for all of us." Mr. Alucard then gave Mr. Coco one of the sweetest and kindest smiles he had ever seen. "Then I wish you to know that I am willing to cooperate in any way, and make myself and my talents available for whatever it is you need me for." Now it was Mr.Coco's turn to smile. This time his feelings were his own. He had decided that he genuinely like Mr. Alucard and was certain they would become good friends.

© 2017 tinflea


Author's Note

tinflea
continuing my story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the attention to detail in your character writing is first class, wants me to continue reading

Posted 6 Years Ago


I really loved the story, Mr. Coco' Guest. The story written very good. I enjoyed reading it, and I look forward to reading more from Taiwan!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


tinflea

6 Years Ago

Thanks! I'll keep writing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2017
Last Updated on September 2, 2017
Tags: Dracula, vampire, time travel, prison

Author

tinflea
tinflea

Taiwan



Writing
Crab Dreams Crab Dreams

A Story by tinflea