Cockblocked by a Rooster

Cockblocked by a Rooster

A Story by tisnessa
"

Just a short, cheesy, one shot I wrote a while back. It's teenaged love, what're you going to do?

"
They walked out of the arena, pulling their collars up against the cold. Light, white flakes fell, dusting the ground and melting in their hair. By now, the sun was hidden completely beneath the sky line, leaving them standing in the streetlight. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and turned towards her. She was staring down the street, her cheeks brushed red with cold. The toe of her boot dug into the snow drifts and she watched as her breath crystallised before her. 

"It's like we're dragons," he said, letting out a heavy breath in a mock puff of smoke. She smiled, letting out a breath of her own. His lips cracked into a smile as his eye was caught by the bright lights lining the towns Main Street. Dots of blue, green, whites, and red ran up and down along the old style buildings and between street lamps. A few people walked the streets; children out for a treat with their parents, some giggly preteens, an old couple. 

"You want to walk?" He asked, nodding his head down the street. 

She hesitated before answering, checking her watch. "Uhm, sure," she said with a smile, following him down the street. They walked in silence for a moment, just listening to distant laughter and the crunching of their footsteps. He found himself just watching her, focused on the soft reflection of Christmas lights in her eyes. Her eyes flickered down from the lights, briefly catching his. Her cheeks flushed red, and she quickly adverted her gaze, instead finding interest in shop windows. 

"Today was fun, eh," he said, "even if everyone else bailed." He lightly nudged her arm. She just smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah, it was fun," she said.

"We should do something again sometime," he attempted at conversation. 

"We should," she agreed. She let her eyes meet his, a smile curving her lips. She knew his eyes were blue, but she hadn't realised how much like the sky they were before. 

They reached the end of the street, and decided to cross to the other side for the walk back. There was a slight snow mountain between the sidewalks me the road. They held their arms out to balance as they clambered over it, tottering slightly. The lame grip on her boots let her slip, and she felt herself sliding forwards. She prepared to hit the snowy floor, but felt a hand wrap around her own. Their frozen fingers wrapped around each other as he helped her catch her balance. She steadied herself, and expected him to let to once she was standing, but he didn't. He kept her hand in a light grip as the stood on the street, wisps of snow flying around their feet. 

She could feel her heart thumping, loud enough it echoed in her ears. She wouldn't be surprised if he could hear it. She looked back up at him. They watched each others eyes, a challenge to see who would get lost first. 

He counted each different colour he could find in hers, and found himself leaning forward ever so slightly. A smile formed at the ends of his lips and his eyes fluttered closed. For a moment nothing mattered at all. Then he heard- a rooster? 

"Oh s**t," she muttered, untangling her hand from his and reaching into her pocket, "Hello?" She said into her phone. "Yeah, yeah. Yes, I'm coming. Bye, mum." She rolled her eyes as she hung up. "I got to go. My mums waiting for me back at the arena. I'll see ya later," she smiled as she started walking back. 

He waved as he watched her leave. Once she was out of sight, he turned around, kicking at the snow bank. 

© 2012 tisnessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012
Tags: cheesy, cute, teen, love

Author

tisnessa
tisnessa

Toronto, Canada



About
I'm a girl who likes to write and somehow found herself lost on the internet. Most of my writings are 'one shots', like one chapter of a larger story. A little like short stories but not. more..

Writing
She. She.

A Story by tisnessa