2

2

A Chapter by titofantastic

He had arrived at the sea shore before the sun set. He stood in awe. Afar off he could see the mount from his dreams. The one that beckoned him to come. The lull of the waves gently crashing against the rocks and sliding up the sand brought serenity like nothing else before.

Jynn had always had a connection to water. A drawing. However, being from the Easterlands of Kabel, he had never seen rivers, or streams or lakes, much less the sea. Now he stood ready to continue whatever trek was before him especially if it meant becoming one with the water.

He had spotted three one-man boats where the sea curved into a miniature bay and gave way to land. He had decided that once the sun's rays had disappeared, he would take one. The oldest looking one. The one that would not be missed as much.

As he walked over to the boats, Jynn's heart could not help but beat strong. Something was happening. Destiny was calling. Destiny had called him many moons ago through a dream. Her voice was soothing. Her voice was... Jynn was not one for theatrics but he had to admit to himself that yes, Destiny's voice was motherly.

He had no surname. No family name. The shame of owning only one name had taught him to be tough. He was always in survival mode. He counted on no one. Of course Destiny would call on him to carry out her bidding. He had nothing to lose.

He just didn't know what he was suppose to do. During his trek to the sea had had let his mind wander. With all the infighting between tribes in the Easterlands regarding ground water rights along with the rumors of wars between the Westerlies and Grasslands... Jynn had allowed himself to briefly imagine that he was going to unlock a power that would unite and bring peace. But after a day of frivolous daydreaming he stopped. 

When he reached the boats, he decided that the smallest one was the the one in the worse shape. He flipped it over and dragged it to the sea's edge. 

"Your heart will know," he repeated. It was the mantra from the dream. The voice had said it and it had lodged in Jynn's spirit. He knew it to be true without any evidence. He had seen the mount in his dream. He had heard the words. And when he awoke, startled, he had rushed to tell his bunkmate, Orwen, the closest thing to friend he had. But that was during the first few days of the Sightless festivities-- Orwen was no where to be found. 

Jynn had left a note. He had filled his sack with a loaf and two Pommes and had set out towards the Great Sea.

He pushed the boat into the water and ungracefully jumped in. Taking the oar in hand, Jynn expected the waves to fight against him. But for some reason, each row he took gently glided him further out to sea as if it had been waiting for him all his life.


© 2017 titofantastic


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on April 24, 2017
Last Updated on April 24, 2017


Author

titofantastic
titofantastic

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by titofantastic


3 3

A Chapter by titofantastic


4 4

A Chapter by titofantastic