Let's Talk About Sex

Let's Talk About Sex

A Story by Tobe Osigwe
"

Sex and the Need to Reassess Fornication.

"
I wish to apologise for bringing such an amorous topic to your saintly mind. As a christian and a practising one at that I am not supposedly obliged to discuss issues which are meant for the comfy, hushed, dark crevices of married folks. Now, having rendered my heartfelt apology, I wish to warn emphatically that if you are a religious extremist, intellectually infantile or perhaps you attend all those saintly church that tie their shawl to cover their ears, please read no further. If you insist, it is definitely at your own risk.

As growing lads we were wired, implanted and imparted with the belief that sexual intercourse between two unmarried couples is traditionally and religiously bad. In my humble opinion, I am not refuting that despite my strong reservations, but I am of the opinion that the above assertion wholly needs revisitation.
Two hundred and several years ago before the intrusion of the white men into our serene traditional society, it was quite easy for young males and young maidens not to have carnal knowledge of themselves till the customary marital requisites are done. One might be quick to ask why or what makes the writer to say such. Let me aptly elucidate, those good old days, you can hardly find a young man at the age of thirty who is not married or a maiden who is unmarried at the prime age of twenty two. More so, contacts between both sexes are not so loose that it will be difficult to initiate practical experimentation of sexual thoughts and desires.
The scenario is completely reversed in these present days of hotels, motels and chalets at every street or stone throw. Back then, there are no universities for young unmarried folks to permit free space to possess without parental restrain to their opposite species. I believe without wanting to cast aspersions or sounding derisive, universities aside from being citadels of learning are also strong citadel of cross pollination among sexes.


Apart from universities, it is evident that there are other conspicuous factors or media that nurture and promote sexual experimentation among youths; lewd music, increase in sexually explicit films, hot dresses that expose eye trembling cleavages, peer groups (sexually exposed friends), work places, BRT buses, pornography, social networks (BBM, Tweeter, Facebook, 2go, Whatsapp, Baddoo) birthday parties, churches, alcohol, monumental decline in societal values etc. All these daily influences and indulgences that inundates our minds directly or indirectly through acts of omission or commission.
It is foolhardy and practically almost impossible for any unmarried youth despite your religious disposition or posturing not to overtly or covertly crave or indulge in sexual experimentation. This brings me to the crux of the matter; that sexual intercourse between two unmarried folks is bad in our present day world or country is not only an over cliched thesis but also a lost battle. It can be likened to the fight to eradicate corruption in Nigeria.

Without trying to sound bizarre, I for one is of the opinion that what we should be fighting nay, preaching is, how many sexual partners should an unmarried youth have? An unmarried youth should be encouraged publicly, both at home to have not more than one sexual partner. It is high time we upgraded some of our age long beliefs and postures that are almost unattainable to present day realities. I stand to be corrected!

© 2013 Tobe Osigwe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Toby, this is the realest work on sex that I have ever read, instead of us crying blue murder, we should think of how †̥☺ make these work. Sex education should be taught in school, no matter how religious you are, the sins of the flesh will always taunt you thus the saying "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" if people are encouraged †̥☺ keep just one sex partner then we won't be having a lot of problems, the idea that sex is bad and should only be reserved for married couples makes some people wanna try it more. It's high time we leave some of this ancient practices, change is the only thing constant in life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tobe Osigwe

11 Years Ago

Mandie, I have been getting a lot of prodding from folks who think am adding or perhaps contradictin.. read more
I'm totally up for monogamy, but if someone wants to be polyamorous I don't really mind...so long as I'm not one of their partners. I don't really desire sexual diseases...
Starting university this year...I'm sure the cross pollination will be fun!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tobe Osigwe

11 Years Ago

Tnx perri for your review. Just stick to one focused partner when you get to the citadel.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

846 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2013

Author

Tobe Osigwe
Tobe Osigwe

Lagos, south west, Nigeria



About
Tobe Osigwe is Tobe Osigwe. A graduate of Theatre and Film Studies from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka. He is a screenwriter, a poet, a teacher and a film director. You can reach the wri.. more..

Writing