Before You Smile With Your Thighs

Before You Smile With Your Thighs

A Story by Tobe Osigwe
"

For Lovers Of Valentine

"
The first girl I sent a Valentine's gift was a classmate. I believe she is now happily married. That was way back in secondary school, SS2 to be precise, when I was in the zenith of my youthful exuberance. I remember vividly the day I asked her out, that day was really miserable for me because I didn't only disgrace, but made a unique fool out of myself. Yeah, I sure did cos I stuttered like a small lad who was caught stealing lump of meat from the mama's soup pot. Do not ask me if she said yes because she didn't. Whenever I recall those juvenile days, I always end up remembering Valentine's day.
Yeah Valentine's day, February 14th, also known as the Lovers day. The day so many juvenile girls open their gates for the first time, a day that gives so many a juvenile boys sleepless nights. The day that restaurants, bars, lounges, and hotels experience remarkable sales. A day some randy married men schedule emergency official or business trip. A day that flowers and condoms become the highest sold commodity. A day the larger percentage of the world active feminine population smile with their thighs.
The craze and fanfare of Valentine's day can be compared to Christmas day. The only difference is that the latter is a public holiday that renews fraternal love among family and friends while the former is a day that evokes sexual love among 'couples'. So, Valentine's day is a day for two. Be it two serious couples, two less serious couples, two juveniles, two flings; it's a day of two pairs.
In my opinion, there are two set of people that will always be ever ready to wish or preach Val's day into oblivion. The first set is the clergy, to whom Val's day is a day they experience low turn out of members because nobody is ready to hear a sermon that will make him/her have a rethink on carrying out his/her Val plan. The last set is the Commercial Sex Hawkers. The services the CSH are collecting money to render is given free of charge on February 14th by their fellow women.
If I should re-christen Val's day, I will suggest: World Sex Day. We should not be deceived that Val's day is lovers' day. Anyone that buys something for you on Vals day is expecting some sort of future or immediate(night) reward. It is like an investment seed.
Therefore, in this Val season, before you collect any gift 'seed' which will subsequently make you smile with your thighs with your red gown lying neatly by the bedside, ask yourself these two questions: is he worth it? Is he the right person? If no, please do not collect his gifts. If yes, collect his gifts and get set to smile happily with your thighs...
















© 2013 Tobe Osigwe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

And again I find myself smiling as I read your write-up because I do find your diction very similar to mine...captivating. I however don't find your perception of Valentine's day completely similar to mine. World sex day you may call it which is true but isn't every weekend already 'World sex day'? For couples, I really do not think you need a 'special' day to express how you feel for that special one...materially or emotionally. And the equivalent of a gift from that 'special' person isn't always sex; a gift for a gift if you ask me. And the sex, oh well, feel free to give it out of you own volition. By the way, if he does give you gifts and you do accept, its still no excuse to 'smile with your thighs if you don't want to. I think the advise is ladies, you don't need anyone who expects a 'goody bag' after a gift, be it Valentine or not. In anycase, any lady who smiles with her thighs solely because she receives a gift would very well not have to wait for Valentine's day before she does. Like I said earlier, I really like the piece. Well done Tobby.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tobe Osigwe

11 Years Ago

Thanks cherry B for your constant and constructive reviews of my writings. GOD bless. Xoxo

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

Tobe Osigwe
Tobe Osigwe

Lagos, south west, Nigeria



About
Tobe Osigwe is Tobe Osigwe. A graduate of Theatre and Film Studies from the prestigious University of Nigeria Nsukka. He is a screenwriter, a poet, a teacher and a film director. You can reach the wri.. more..

Writing