Hints on uncontested divorce

Hints on uncontested divorce

A Story by tomashailor

1.      Do not trust anyone

A huge mistake that many people make is trusting their ex with the division. Sure, the divorce might have been easy and you decided everything quickly and together. Yet, we are all humans. That means that you still might be tricked into a situation where you are losing the things that you deserved to get. And thanks to the law system, if you agree to those terms without the proper knowledge, you are most likely going to lose it forever. Therefore, just do your research and try to figure out the best scenario for yourself. That is easier than you think. Often, half to half is the best choice, but try to look at the amount of work put into those things to be able to see what is worth more and what you should just give up.

2.      Get your lawyer

It would be not the best choice from your side if you decided to take the same lawyer as your ex. Moreover, if you did not have an easy divorce. Your attorney is not just going to help you out with the law and fair division, but also point out some of the mistakes that you did. That might be hard to do if you are a lawyer for two sides at once. Therefore, hiring a lawyer of your own is a perfect choice. Even though they might be a lower quality worker. Remember, things like debts are also divided when divorcing. Therefore, it might be huge to divide that too in the best way for you. A personal attorney would be the best person to do this in such a case.

3.      Mediator

Sometimes it might be hard to decide on the price of some of the things. And that is fine, as some things are just much more valuable for one person than for another. Therefore, it might be important to get a mediator to be able to talk about everything that you have with your spouse. That would be a person that helps you as much as they can to get you two to a logical ending of a conversation. In your case that is a situation where both sides are satisfied with the outcome of the division. Another option is to get a person that would give a value opinion on each item that you have. This way, you are going to get the best idea about what costs what. However, that would most likely take away any good relationships left between you and your spouse.

© 2019 tomashailor


Author's Note

tomashailor
It is easy to understand that in the last decade or so, we saw a lot of couples getting divorced. And there is nothing weird in that. More and more people are getting married nowadays. Often, people say that it is because the marriage got to a point where you do not have to do anything. You can just get the documents ready and submit them online. And many think that if the marriage is so easy, the divorce is going to be as easy. Even though such a thing as online divorce in Texas appeared, that is not true. You still have to go through a lot of problems to get divorced. One of the things about the divorce that are not possible online is the shared property division. Due to this problem, there are two types of divorce: contested and uncontested. The former requires both parties to go to the court to be able to divide what they own. Another one is also protected by the laws, as you still have to go to the court to be able to submit the results and agree on the terms. Yet, there are some things that you might take into account when going through this type of divorce.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Simplistic advice that an actual divorce lawyer would laugh at.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 8, 2019
Last Updated on October 8, 2019

Author

tomashailor
tomashailor

About
By choosing a problem, you choose the way to feed the material. Let's return to our example with car dealers and copywriting. What problem can you solve here? Suppose the problem of low sales. Next, w.. more..

Writing