Chapter 2: Double Meanings

Chapter 2: Double Meanings

A Chapter by TopHatGirl
"

Razzie goes to school, and more.

"
     Unknown High School is not the main setting here. And no, this highschool is not actually called Unknown. But because of location purposes, I'm calling my town Unknown.
   
     I met Tee and Jax at the bus stop.
    "Tee, can I borrow a pen?" I ask.
    She snaps out of whatever reality she was in, and fumbles around in her backpack.
    "All out."
     Jax bites his lip. "Guys? Why do we not have snappy conversations at the bus stop like kids do in cartoons?"
     I shrug. "Because our lives are mediocre."
     Tee smiles deviously. "But we could just do a bunch of crazy s**t, like burn stuff, and spray paint everything!"
     I laugh, and point out,"Sure. But then we would be mediocre in juvey too."
     "Carry on my wayward son..." Jax sang in the background.
     I elbow him. "Bus is here."
     We sit in the back. Because one time, the bus forgot we were here, and we got to see where the bus goes after it picks up kids. It wasn't that surprising, just some parking lot. It was still amusing to see the bus driver's face when we popped out.
     Greg pokes his head up from the back of our seat.
     "Hey guys."
 
      Cliche #2
    Nerds are these loveable but annoying scrawny, glasses wearing, dorks. They spend all of their time reading comic books, creating theories, and not going out with girls.

 
    Reality? Greg was a guy who's pretty tall, medium bulk, super smart, and not totally hopeless in social situations.
    "Hey, Greg," we all said at the same time. He expected me to say something uber creepy, like 'have the witches blessed you today?' or 'wolves are on the prowl tonight, Gregory. Watch out.'
   "Full moon on Halloween," I say. And for once, the crap that comes out of my mouth is true. There's a full moon on Halloween. How typical. Everyone thinks that something spectacular will happen now. It's bullcrap, really. And I'm not just saying that so later I can discover the true meaning of Halloween, save the universe, learn a valuable lesson, blah blah blah.
    I put my headphones in, and turn up the volume of Oldelaf, Monsieur D, and the song Le Cafe. I don't understand a word, I'm still in French I, but I read the lyrics, and it makes me laugh every time. I can hear some German heavy metal from Tee's music, and Guns N' Roses from Jax. We bob our heads to the music, arriving at Unknown High.


   Unfortunately, my first period is P.E.

   Cliche #3:

   Our hero is hopeless in P.E., hates it to no end, and constantly gets picked on and shown up in that class.
 
  
Reality? I'm okay in P.E. I used to be the MVP of our Girl's Basketball team back in middle school, but other than that, I'm average. Though I do suck at volleyball.
  It's unfortunate because even though P.E. is pretty okay, it's about a million times worse at eight in the morning. Especially when we have to go running outside. Come on, this is Unknown! Freezing cold weather in the morning!
   Ugh.

   My next periods are English, History, and French. They're all pretty uneventful. My teachers are boring people with large hips. Plus, it seems like all teachers only have sons. Not daughters. Ever noticed that? Anyways, all you have to do is not raise your hand, and only backtalk on your homework, not in class, and it's B- heaven.
  Tee is pretty much in all of my classes except French(she takes German). Jax is only in my French class. I have to tutor him sometimes, because he's hopeless at mastering the female and male nouns.
   My other elective is Art, and to get an A you just have to not mouth off. But I do mouth off, so my current grade is a B+. That plus is because I'm pretty damn good with pastels.
   "Junk's Heaven today?" Tee asks me during lunch. Junk's Heaven is a thrift store that we regularly shop at. Jax hates it. Probably because they have leather coats there. He's not a big hunter.
    "Totally," I say back.

    We walk there, messenger bags slung over shoulders. The sun mysteriously popped out, so I put on my sunglasses. Jax makes some lame excuse about babysitting, so Tee and I have the afternoon to do what girls do when they're by themselves.
    "That new kid's pretty cute," Tee says. I stick out my tongue, and browse through the rack of vests.
    "You just like him because he's foreign exchange," I say.
    "Yeah, prob. I do like me some foreigners."
    "Don't say that to any politicians!"
    Tee laughs. She's always up for a good political joke.
    "Hey, 50% off shoes," she says, poiting over to the shoes and socks section. I eagerly start over there, narrowly avoiding the tiny bathing suit rack. Who would get their swimwear from a thrift store?
     I wade through the high heels and tennis shoes, trying to find some practical sneakers.
    "Aha!" I whisper, and pull out a pair of black no-heel boots. Very practical. I pull them on. They're a little big, but nothing some stuffing can't fix. I take off my sunglasses and put them on my shoe, an arm inserted into the hole, the rest of the sunglasses dangling loose. I take a test walk, like some ditzy fashion model. I peek at the price tag. 12 bucks, and with the fifty percent off, that's six. I check my Hello Kitty wallet. I have ten. Sweet. I walk up to the cashier, where a curly haired blonde in a kilt stands, smiling.
    "Merry day to you," she says. I smile. She tries to creep out the customers with with weird greetings, too.
   "And melodious night as well," I say, matching her cheery tone. She purses her lips, corners turned upward.
   "Can I interest you in some jewelery?" she asks.
   "Uhm, kinda short on cash..." I curse my laziness. If only I did chores. She giggles, and spins around to a rack behind her. I try to peek at what she's searching for, but her back is towards me. She finally spins back.
   "Four dollars," she says, and produces a necklace. The string is a black ribbon, and on it is a iron-y circle with a shiny red bead in the middle, that's bigger than my pinkey nail. The bead reflects the lighting of it's surface, making it rather mysterious. The red is more of a claret, deep red. It's probably some evil warlock necklace that will curse me forevermore, but I must have it.
   "Sold," I say, and pay for the necklace and the boots. I'm about to walk out when she still speaks.
  "By the way, I like where you put your sunglasses." Her eyes flicker down to my boots.
   "Wow, I didn't think you would no-"
   She winks. "I'm trained to be very observant."
    I can't help but feel that I'm supposed to know that that means.
  
   


© 2010 TopHatGirl


Author's Note

TopHatGirl
Okay, here's the deal. I need real critiques. Real reviews. Critisism.
I hate to be bitchy, but if your review doesn't have some sort of pros and cons, its deleted.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 28, 2010
Last Updated on October 5, 2010


Author

TopHatGirl
TopHatGirl

[Redacted], NV



About
Hi, I'm TopHatGirl! If you're here about my character lessons or to get some advice, email me instead of messaging at [email protected]. This is because I don't go on this site as much anym.. more..

Writing
chapter one chapter one

A Chapter by TopHatGirl


chapter two chapter two

A Chapter by TopHatGirl