Detective Jenkins and the Sorcerer’s Bone

Detective Jenkins and the Sorcerer’s Bone

A Story by Darren Welsh
"

It's been a while. I think you can feel the lack of emotion in this story. I have lost the passion for writing. I'll try to finish this series though.

"

D’brickshaw Ferguson was staring at the molten pit of despair he recognized as hell. This time, there was not portal out. He felt weak without his physical body. D’brickshaw was numb, his limbs moved but he could feel no flame. Demons roamed the great planes in front of him, and he searched the terrain for any way out. His eyes grew heavier, and he felt his legs giving out on him. All he desired was to lay and rest, but with a drop of willpower left, he saw the mountain at a great distance; deep into hell’s domain.

Jenkins paced up and down his stairs, gathering his things for the big trip. He decided that he would re-unite the 3 fedoras and walk hell again. Of course he was older now and he was unsure if he could emerge alive. But a loyal friend like D’brickshaw could not be left in that horrible place. Jenkins remembered the time he spent there, every second was agonizing pain. Jenkins started his journey to gather the fedoras, but he hit a wall. Giga Watson refused to go back to hell. He claimed there was no way for them to know if he was in hell. He didn’t think that it was worth risking 4 lives to potentially save 1. Jenkins disregarded Giga Watson, he didn’t have time for his “number-logics”.

Meanwhile, the glimmer of hope (and soon to be ray) was getting closer. D’brickshaw toiled to get to his destination, leaving a trail of mangled, gasping demon corpses. He could still destroy these abominations even in his weakened form. The closer he got, the more strength he gathered in his doggy paws. The limp turned into a walk and the walk into a gallop. He was hurtling toward the mountain and felt more powerful than ever before.

To be continued…

© 2016 Darren Welsh


Author's Note

Darren Welsh
Don't expect another story anytime in the next 3 months. It's not that they take long, I just can't force myself to write anymore. :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Don't lose the will to write man. I've been and trust me it's better if you just push through and keep on writing, even if it's just one word every day.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016

Author

Darren Welsh
Darren Welsh

About
I write bad to mediocre stories at a third grade level. If you want to lose brain cells and possibly get cancer, you can feel right at home. If you like my stories then you probably already have cance.. more..

Writing