Detective Jenkins and the Sorcerers Bone (Part 2)

Detective Jenkins and the Sorcerers Bone (Part 2)

A Story by Darren Welsh
"

:P

"

D’brickshaw rushed to the mountain’s opening. A supernatural feeling brushing off of him. He saw the ancient podium that once belonged to a great wizard. Incomprehensible carvings riddled the stones around it. As D’brickshaw approached the podium he saw a familiar shape sitting on top of it. A bone! But it made D’brickshaw uneasy. There was a strange glow to it, creating an ominous sensation to it. He leaped to grab it, but there was some kind of force pushing him back. There was a puzzle inscribed at the base of the structure. “Voiceless it cries, wingless flutters, toothless bites, mouthless mutters.” D’brickshaw stared at his freedom, just inches away. He pondered on this question while looking around the dimension that he found himself trapped in. He noted things that had been missing, like the sun, buildings, and water. It had been eerily quiet for some time now. That’s when he remembered the sounds of nature; birds chirping, waves crashing, wind howling… Wind! D’brickshaw blew on the podium with all his might and the levitating bone dropped beside him. He took one bite and found himself in a comfortable place. He barked and the frantic man turned quickly. Jenkins was reunited with his long-lost friend and felt relieved that he was okay. The gang got together that night and partied like no tomorrow. 


But, there will always be tomorrow…

© 2016 Darren Welsh


Author's Note

Darren Welsh
I lied.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016

Author

Darren Welsh
Darren Welsh

About
I write bad to mediocre stories at a third grade level. If you want to lose brain cells and possibly get cancer, you can feel right at home. If you like my stories then you probably already have cance.. more..

Writing