Jenkins: The Mangled Lips, Part 1

Jenkins: The Mangled Lips, Part 1

A Story by Darren Welsh
"

First part of The Mangled Lips story. I intend on making 3 parts, but I don't know how it'll turn out. Much more dialogue in this story than any other story I've made.

"

Jenkins awoke that morning feeling whole for the first time in weeks. The gang was rejuvenated and he could finally return to his passion. Being a detective. He left his mansion in Dankville, New York and went back to work ready for another adventure. Jenkins strolled into his old office and immediately noticed the mayhem that was taking place. People were running up and down halls and papers were flying all over the place.

“Hey, what’s going on here?” Jenkins questioned.

“Didn’t you hear!? The disembodied lips case is all the media is talking about. We need to get to the bottom of this ASAP!” Chief Kowalski declared.

Jenkins was caught up on the case and set out to find some clues. He examined the mangled lips and was appalled.

“What kind of monster would do this?” He uttered disgustedly.

“We identified 5 of the 8 giblets, and so far they all belong to brunet women over 30 years old.” Reported a lab monkey. He continued, “We found 7 of the bodies and they were all killed the same way. Stabbed in the chest with a sharp object and then shot in the head with a M1911. “

“8 dead?! Do we not have any leads?” Jenkins inquired.

“No, all the bodies have been squeaky clean. A new woman is killed once a week. The lab ape answered.

“Well, I would like to examine the bodies. I don’t know if you know this, but I am the great Detective Jenkins.” He boasted.

“…Ok, I guess.” The chimp articulated.

Annoyed but too busy to say anything, Jenkins entered the room with the bodies. He left no stone unturned but he could not find any clue.

“There’s always a clue.” He thought to himself. But before he could find anything, he got a call from Jackmerius Tacktheritrix.

“Ann is missing!” He panicked.

“What! Do you know what’s been going on!? We need to find her before it’s too late!” Jenkins screamed.

“JENKINS!” The lab primate ran in, waving a piece of paper frantically, “Another pair of lips were found, down by the docks.”

Without a word, Jenkins rushed passed the simian and was on his way to the crime scene. He was anxious and felt numb thinking about the possibility that the lips belonged to Ann. Jenkins always had feelings for Ann, ever since they dated years ago. He even remembered why they broke up. It seemed so stupid to him now. Ann never liked that he quit boxing and became a dog food taster. She thought he smelled unsettling and he refused to quit his dream job. Obviously, they were much younger and he was not so stubborn anymore. Jenkins reached the site and looked at the commotion with a grim feeling passing over him. He slowly meandered his way to the body ignoring the fuss of the crowd surrounding him. He reached down and lifted the tarp which felt heavier than anything before.

To be continued. :P 

© 2016 Darren Welsh


Author's Note

Darren Welsh
Obviously not the best story. Take it easy you writing jockies

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

5/7

i too lost my lips once

-1 because there aint no mountain high enough

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2016

Author

Darren Welsh
Darren Welsh

About
I write bad to mediocre stories at a third grade level. If you want to lose brain cells and possibly get cancer, you can feel right at home. If you like my stories then you probably already have cance.. more..

Writing