The Obituary of Le Stem of Addictio

The Obituary of Le Stem of Addictio

A Story by Jeffrey Backer
"

An obituary my counselor had me write about my alcohol addiction. 28 days sober!!

"
Our Angel, our Patron Saint of Abhorrent Melancholies, Le Stem of Addictio, passed away furiously at the age of 31 on April 12, 2015 surrounded by her family. She was a proud resident of Jefferson, N.Y. Born out of a chain of circumstances and a teardrop to Mother Culture and Father Ethos. She is survived by the Great Unwashed and many lovers.
 
Always the romantic, her ability to seduce, befriend, steal, lie and destroy was respected and consumed by all who danced with her. She truly knew the value of slavery and would sit down with anybody, rich or poor, to share her story. She was a fabulous storyteller; you could listen for hours, even decades. Her love of being a Silent Passenger was something to be admired. Her motto, " all roads in this world will lead you to pleasurable fun and thrilling destinations", was proven to be enticing to all who knew her.
 
She is preceded in death by the Multitudes. There will be no pallbearers for she will live on in the lonely hearts and souls of those yet unaware. She will be sorely missed and never forgotten.
 
One day at a time.

© 2015 Jeffrey Backer


Author's Note

Jeffrey Backer
This is the first attempt at writing in a very long time. I used to love writing and hopefully it will come back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on May 9, 2015
Last Updated on May 15, 2015
Tags: addiction

Author

Jeffrey Backer
Jeffrey Backer

Victor, NY



About
Hi! Haven't written in a long time, like decades. I thought I I might give it a hey ho once again. I hope I can grow as a writer here. more..

Writing