Grim Love

Grim Love

A Story by Jeffrey Backer
"

horror-ish?

"
 No one knew he went there that night. No one could imagine the long hours he had spent sitting there, dour and watchful. Nobody would ever understand the pain he felt for being there in the first place. But he knew.
 Tyrus had been going to the unkempt grave for some time since since his mother took residence there. Staring through hollow eyes at her memoriam, Ty would sit at the foot of her grave for hours on end waiting for something to happen. Something wonderful.This night though, seemed  special somehow. Memories of of Ty's mother began to fill the desolate boundaries of his mind . The midnight air had a warm fragrance that seemed so familiar to him that it brought a hopeful smile to his lips.
 "Tonight", he whispered to himself, "tonight it will happen." So Ty resolved that he would wait longer.
 Two hours had passed and Tyrus had fallen asleep. He lay there curled in a ball on her grave , the way he once did while he while being carried in his mother's womb and began to dream. Tyrus dreampt about the times his mother would sit at his bed and assure him that there were no monsters underneath while holding him and whispering how much she loved him. Tyrus smiled in his dream; this was his was his favorite.
 Tyrus woke to the gentile caress of a bony finger on his cheek. He looked up to see that he was cradled in the decomposed lap of his long dead mother. Her hair was caked with mud and slime and her face produced a permanent smile of teeth. Her mouth had long since been eaten by the ageless sleep of death. She looked horrifying but Tyrus was not afraid. His mother had come back for him and that was all that mattered.
 "Hi mom " , he whimpered happily but she could say nothing. She could only sit there with Tyrus in her rotted lap staring sadly through empty sockets. It had been an eon since she had felt the radiance of her son's life. Oh how she missed that essence and it made her sad, For hours they laid motionless on the open wound that was her grave remembering times of past.
 Soon it was time to go back to her timeless slumber as she knew it was necessary. Slowly and gently she picked up her yawning son and climbed stiffly into their new bed where the only monster was lonliness. Setting Tyrus down, she began to pull the the blanket of dirt over the both of them to continue the journey of death together, reunited once again.

© 2016 Jeffrey Backer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on October 8, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016

Author

Jeffrey Backer
Jeffrey Backer

Victor, NY



About
Hi! Haven't written in a long time, like decades. I thought I I might give it a hey ho once again. I hope I can grow as a writer here. more..

Writing