Wet Brain

Wet Brain

A Story by Jeffrey Backer
"

An alcoholic end.

"
Wet Brain
His anger chewed his tongue, devoured his liver, and swallowed his brain.
The nectar of the hopeless he had juiced bottle after bottle to sodden his horrors would be only a mere moment of poisoned tranquility.
He would often stare straight forward into the gruesome masquerade as he reached that alcohol Zen clenching his teeth sometimes breaking a tooth only to swallow a piece of himself.
He was a fractured picture of a shattered man who lost everything. His woman, his job, his dignity, and the ability to keep his hands steady in the morning.
So he would consume his liquid Jesus to wash away his suffering.
He was now driving down a blurred country road like a kamikaze and threw 3 benzos and 3 amphetamines down his throat and washed it down with God almighty. 100 proof.
With a memory gone and sanity ruined he thought of all the victims he smashed under foot . Their cries were only echo's now.
The road had become coffin dirt and he could smell the ocean.
His mind began to flounder as everything was kicking in and coming together so he punched his foot to the floor.
His teeth were grinding as he sailed himself off the cliff and felt that mere glimpse of serenity before he took his last nose dive.
He couldn't help but slither out a laugh as death rolled his tongue throughout his ear and kissed his lonesome cheek..
He would not remember this in the morning.

© 2016 Jeffrey Backer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on October 20, 2015
Last Updated on October 5, 2016

Author

Jeffrey Backer
Jeffrey Backer

Victor, NY



About
Hi! Haven't written in a long time, like decades. I thought I I might give it a hey ho once again. I hope I can grow as a writer here. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5