Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Broken Butterflies

Broken Butterflies

A Poem by BrokenButterfly

In the gentle shadows of the mighty woods they cry out their soft lamentations to the ever listening but never hearing footsteps in the hills. No one speaks but all know the tales of cruel and unkindly folk. As they sing the songs of the bleeding wings of broken butterflies.

© 2008 BrokenButterfly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This makes a strong statement about abuse and can be read from so many different levels. I read it as the abuse towards the environment and the abuse on people on people as well. Since there is a bond between people and the environment-- I looked deeper into the poem and saw this: okay,we as people are our habits. If our habits are abuse that will be our character either individually or as a society. Like if we abuse eacher that reflects in abuse of the environment-- or if we abuse the environment that reflects in abuse of eachother. Vice versa-- if we treat eachother better we treat the environment better or if we treat the environment better that reflects on how we treat people. Brilliant little poem. I like it.

Makosica

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dez
I took away from it the story of someone who grew up in an abusive household and the secret-keeping that goes on in such families. So, it is true -- we all take away from it something different. In any event, I thought that it was beautiful and moving. It said a lot with few words. Well done. I look forward to reading more of your work. Write on!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is absolutely amazing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, I absolutely love butterflies..so this was sad, especially the bleeding wings..;(
This is very poignant and beautifully written. Butterflies are so delicate and precious....kind of like our hearts huh? Uh-oh, this poem got me all corny and thinking deep...lol!
This is excellent!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful Lizzy Doll. I read this and it inspired me towrite my poem Lizzy Doll Butterfly...only it's completely opposite lol. Love ya! ^_^
~Gabi Doll

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem writes of cruelty, the heavy steps of those
who would destroy the young, tender and innocent
among us. It sounds like a song, a lament because of a
broken heart and loss of faith in mankind.
"No one speaks." Sounds like this is caused by violence
against a young girl, something everyone has cause to
hide from and feel shame at the thought.
An incredibly good poem, full of imagery.
Thank you for sharing .
------ Eagle Cruagh

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Gorgeous,just like the begining of a fairy tail or something.Very enchanting,I like.8D

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this... it has very good imagery! Good job...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like the way u wrote it,it shows that u chose the perfect words to explain what the poem was about..

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1434 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008
Last Updated on February 5, 2008

Author

BrokenButterfly
BrokenButterfly

About
I write when emotions are raw, and almost uncontrollable. It is a temporary fix to a long term problem - having too many thoughts in my head. Sometimes they just need to come out. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..