Crossroads

Crossroads

A Poem by Fawn

Alone we run, unflinching. Wind of the summer evening in our hair, backs to the world, gravel crunching under our pounding steps. The road is empty and twilight is coming, but the sun burns on. The air has cooled, crickets stir in the underbrush, we run against the breeze. Daylight burns longer for the bold, and the quick, and we are. Lucky young hearts we are, running from what warms us.

Where our roads converge, we collide. A crossroads where fate belongs to those who seize it. Skinned knees, gravel sprayed in the air, laughing. Dusk has found us, but we will face the dark together. Soft chill of summer night brings goosebumps to our skin, but we don't notice. Even if we did I'm not sure we'd care. Nothing seems to matter here, running together in the quiet.

Life nips at our heels and we go faster, faster. Crunching footsteps the music of the freedom we're trying to find. If we could run like this forever I'm sure we would. Lost to time and reason, to sense and words. Maybe we'll crash but it doesn't matter now. All that matter are the stars guiding our unresting feet. We stop for no one. We run on.

© 2019 Fawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on July 5, 2019
Last Updated on July 5, 2019
Tags: love, new love, friendship, life

Author

Fawn
Fawn

Brookfield, CT



About
My name is Fawn, and I'm an amateur poet and (sort of) fiction writer hoping to hone my skills and get published one day. I write a lot about my life and trauma,and the creative concepts that bounce a.. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by Fawn


The Deep The Deep

A Poem by Fawn