Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Stardust

Stardust

A Poem by Fawn

Why? We can lose ourselves in that question, why. Lose ourselves in the mystery, in the hugeness of everything as we try to find where the stardust ends and something even bigger, even greater, begins. We grapple with the idea of a reason, of an answer, as if it is the only thing that matters. It is the root of all human curiosity - the great question, one I pray we never answer for certain.

May our feet always be moving, may we always be expanding, small as we are with the ambition of cosmic giants. The vastness of everything that is, was, and ever will be is as great as our need to understand it. But may we also always remember that even if we do not know why, even acknowledging the possibility that we never will, we are here, all of us. All of us connected, all of us coming from the same beginnings, all made of that stardust, all trying to understand.

We are all the same. We all share this corner of existence, we are all trying to navigate the absolute nonsense that exists within it. We are all here for each other, all of us the everything experiencing itself, and even if the everything we experience is tiny - a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of itself - it is still our responsibility to love it. To love each other. To know each other as we long to know the rest of it, the same passion driving us to each other as it drove us to the stars. We are as cosmic as the galaxies above us. We are the everything. We are stardust.

© 2019 Fawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on July 5, 2019
Last Updated on July 5, 2019

Author

Fawn
Fawn

Brookfield, CT



About
My name is Fawn, and I'm an amateur poet and (sort of) fiction writer hoping to hone my skills and get published one day. I write a lot about my life and trauma,and the creative concepts that bounce a.. more..

Writing
Crossroads Crossroads

A Poem by Fawn


The Deep The Deep

A Poem by Fawn