Chapter 2 - Singapore Flowers

Chapter 2 - Singapore Flowers

A Chapter by michelangelo travels the world
"

Agreeing to help out a fish man leads to some serious consquences

"
So first things first again, as first things usually are. Thankyou so much for reading. Yes you, you bloody legend, look at you being a legend, it’s awesome and inspiring and it makes me smile, keep at it!

Where we left off last chapter was a bit of a weird point in my life personally.
A fish had been messaging me on Facebook (free promotion for you Facebook, you’re welcome). It had said it would see me soon.
This kind of confused me because I was flying to Singapore and then to London to travel and run away from my responsibilities because I’m a spoilt first world child. Anyway, it was confusing, but then when I was at Singapore airport I saw a pond and the same looking fish which, upon seeing me, swam over to me and turned into a slightly tanned young man. Great. I had a lot of questions but first off the bat was…
“Who are you?”
The young man who had seconds ago been a fish smiled at me. He dripped all over the carpet but nobody seemed to really take any notice of any of this.
“I’m the spiritual guide of this airport,” he said casually, “every airport has one, where have you come from?”
“Darwin,” I said.
“Oh yeah right Darwin’s the only one that doesn’t have one.” He rolled his eyes as if this were typical Darwin. “Anyway, I need you to do me a job,” he continued.
My eyes widened.
“I have a plane to catch, I’m going to…”
“London, yes I’m well aware,” said the fish man matter of factly, “I’ve been waiting a long time for you to come, you took your time.”
I questioned some more but the fact of the matter is I’m writing these posts for brevity so that they’re short, fun and punchy so I won’t bore you with the details.
Basically he told me he needed me to collect him a magical flower from the butterfly house in the Singapore airport. The fact that there was a butterfly house in the airport blew my mind. It still does looking back on it.
He reassured me that I wouldn’t miss my flight and told me that this needed to happen so that everything could be set in motion. Again, the brevity thing, so let’s skip over that part for now.

I journeyed through the airport and found the butterfly house. A big tropical room, open to the warm tropical Singapore air where butterflies flitted around and a waterfall pittered softly in the background.
It was beautiful.
Fish-man had told me what plant it was he needed and whilst I stopped to take photos I mainly just grabbed the plant because I didn’t want to be late for my flight.
It was not lost on me how beautiful this room was though. Moments like that make you stop and think and that’s important.
I must’ve stopped and thought for too long though because as I left the butterfly house I heard a call over the intercom that chilled me to the bone.
“FINAL CALL FOR THE 8AM FLIGHT TO LONDON, FINAL CALL. IF YOU ARE HELPING FISH-MAN DON’T EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT, I’D START RUNNING TO YOUR FLIGHT IF I WERE YOU.”
Pretty sure that’s what it said word for word.


© 2017 michelangelo travels the world


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on August 23, 2017
Last Updated on August 23, 2017
Tags: travel, fun, fiction, aeroplanes, Singapore, flowers, butterfly, experimental


Author

michelangelo travels the world
michelangelo travels the world

Australia



About
Hey! I'm Michelangelo, sort of, maybe. I'm travelling the world and want to share my stories. They're kind of fantastical though, I've met a Leprechaun, a wild spirit and through first hand experience.. more..

Writing