Darkness and Corruption of the Mind

Darkness and Corruption of the Mind

A Story by Travis Love
"

A story. The test of the description is in my Note for Reviewers. Thanks! ^_^

"

 

Who are we?  What are we?  Who am I?  No one know's.  I sit here, in my black abyss.. a dark, dismal whole in my life, typing out words to an audience of what will be two people.  Not like anyone reads the truth.  My head is spinning, no.. Spiraling.  Spiraling out of control like some weird hypnosis spiral.  Hypnosis.  Mind control.  That's what it is.  They're doing it to us.  Not like you'd believe me.

 

 

So I sit here, in my chair, typing these words to you as the world darkens.. my heart explodes into a million pieces, my mind in pain.. water, coming out of my eyes.. what is that?  I don't remember.. who does?  It doesn't matter.  Nothing does.

 

 

We're all fake.  Everyone is.  Life is fake, we're fabricated.  Brainwashed by them to do what they say.  Buy this, eat that.  Don't be fat.  Lose weight.  Obey.  Obey.  Obey.  What is real is fake, and what is fake is real.  Don't believe them.  They're wrong.  They lie.  The news lies too.  The news tells us what they want us to hear.  To know.  Like we're little puppets.  We're people too..

 

People.. people.  In their little fabricated, stuck up lives.  Living in their plastic yellow houses, with their toy cars.  Telling people what to do like they have authority.

 

Authority.. Master's.  That's what they are.  We created them with our lies, and deciet and selfishness.  We're the one's who created these fake idolizing God's.  These people and objects that we obey without question.  We're people!  We have every right to be as good as them.  They want us to stay quiet, to not know the truth.  They tell us that anyone who speaks the truth is crazy.  Has no objective in life other than to ruins other's views of the world.  They want us to stay quiet, and obey them.  Do as they say.  Don't think for yourselves, let them tell you.  They want to create one big created zombie, life-less earth.  Us as their puppets.

 

Who are we?  We're fabrications of those fake idolizing God's that everyone assumes and believes are real.  They're wrong.  We're people, we have rights, and smarts, and beliefs.  It doesn't matter anymore.. nothing does.  I don't even know who I am.  Can you look at yourself in the mirror and say "I know who I am!"?  I can't.   I.. remember about myself.  I was a good person, maybe I still am.  Looked out for others, love everyone and everything.  I had friends, a life, family, a love.. it doesn't matter.  All that matters is that our minds are blank and useless as we obey them.  All that matters is that we obey.  Isn't that right? 

 

I know you're saying I'm crazy.  Like "Who is this guy?  What is he saying this crap for?  Why tell us, not preach it in crazy town?"  Because these are words, coming from my mind.  Thoughts that are scared to speak the truth.  That I cry over, because everything we know is a lie.  But the sooner, that we can overthrow them.. maybe even get our lives back.. we'll know who we are.

 

I'm sad to say.  It'll never happen.  No matter what we do.  We're forever in their power.  They control and corrupt everything around us.  Everything. 

I wish you luck. 

© 2009 Travis Love


Author's Note

Travis Love
Well, here it is. A story like subject that I wrote out of my mind. It came to me in English class. Men, going around in circles their whole lives, never going anywhere. This story is a part of me. Not me, but a part. Who is angry with the world. He wanted to share his feelings. Thank you for reading.

~Casiel

P.S. No harsh words. This is a site of free speech. (1st amendment. Did you know that? I did.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The end was a good line-- One that shows the true character.
It's depressing, but it sounds like this person does not want the world
to be a mold, he or she wants it to be what it is-- the world
Nothing Fake, Nothing to obey. Just the world.
It's philosophical to me, and it makes me feel like
I should rethink what's real and what's not. To find truely
what matters-- never to listen to anyone about "Don't be fat, lose weight"
But it feels empowering-- the "I wish you luck"-- It really does.
Kind of like... There's hope, and the narrator knows it.
Like the narrator WANTS the reader to FIND that luck.
It's great. Good Job. More poetic than a story,
flows well. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I don't know, Katie. If I ever said thank you. I just re-read your review and you truely understood what I was feeling when I wrote it.

Thank you so much.

~Casi�l

Posted 14 Years Ago


The end was a good line-- One that shows the true character.
It's depressing, but it sounds like this person does not want the world
to be a mold, he or she wants it to be what it is-- the world
Nothing Fake, Nothing to obey. Just the world.
It's philosophical to me, and it makes me feel like
I should rethink what's real and what's not. To find truely
what matters-- never to listen to anyone about "Don't be fat, lose weight"
But it feels empowering-- the "I wish you luck"-- It really does.
Kind of like... There's hope, and the narrator knows it.
Like the narrator WANTS the reader to FIND that luck.
It's great. Good Job. More poetic than a story,
flows well. Keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009
Last Updated on February 5, 2009