Chapter 1: The beginning

Chapter 1: The beginning

A Chapter by TryerStudio
"

The first chapter of Agent Anson new journey. Unknowingly being put in a deadly puzzle.Can Anson slove the puzzle and leave the room in one peace?

"

Agent Anson Chapter 1    

If anyone is reading this story, I am probably not here anymore. This is a story of my life about being an agent."If you were to ask me, I would say it is fun, but it would be said half hardheartedly ". In movies agents have no rules,cool gadgets, awesome base and a cool suit. In my case, I got in right before the storm without any of the above. In my time of being an agent, I have met some good friends, friends that would follow me wherever I go and always got my back no matter what. Friends that I can trust with my life.


 So, are you ready for my twisted story?


     My name is Anson, Last name Chan. A kid fresh out of school. Everything hit me by surprise, and it all started with an online advisement. In my memories I never actually  remember cleaning my house, it was more like a little room anyway. I never had enough money to afford a house in Hong Kong, since the take out prices are too high. I was wandering on an online job market in Hong Kong to find a job. Finding a job is hard, especially fresh out of school. After some time I noticed one advertisement that stood out. 


Hiring anyone without close relationships and under 20, high pay, no risk. 


Signed by a company called Hype. I know it sounds sketchy, but I didn’t have a job and needed it badly.So I went ahead and applied for it.


When I arrived at the address pinned on the website, I found myself standing in front of an old factory building. I stopped and debated for awhile but I decided to go in, and this is where things start to get ...complicated .


“So you are here to apply for the job ?” a relatively chunky man asked. I answered politely.

 “Yes,sir” 

“First question, Are you married?”

“No, Sir I am not” I answered. 

“Second, how old are you?” 

“Sir, how does it matter?” I finally asked. 

“It does, just answer it.”

“I am 19 years old.” I answered. 

“Last question, do you have any health problems?”

 “No, I do not .” I answered, quite annoyed. 

“Cool, let's get started. Come in agent Link.” 


I didn't hear “Link” or him talking, because the only thing I felt was something hard hit my head, hard. When I woke up, I found myself laying on a cold white concrete floor, and I saw an arrow shaped sign saying This Way I had a bad feeling about this , but I got nowhere to go, so I followed the sign.


     At the very end of the dark hallway, I arrived at a small room with a vent on the wall high up.   The door I came in opened and a man came in, following him is a girl around my age. 

“Who are you?” I asked. 

“I think I should be the one asking.” said the man 

“After you.” I said.

 “No,you answer  before I say anything,” he said. 

“Shut up,both of you.Chinese,you first.” shout the girl. 

“Alright,I am Anson, I went to a job interview and ended up here, I know nothing about this place or how I got here.” 

“You next,white.” 

“Why don't you say who are you first? Girl.”

 “Natalie Hope, Crancity Police Department . I Was  kidnapped and brought here,whatever here is.your turn.”said Natalie 

“I am Norman, and I am going to get that guy who took me here to pay for it.”He said. 


Norman, he is around 25 years old and clearly sound 

like a spoiled teen-man, he wears a suit which is dirty by now,he speaks  in rivalry that means he is probably a businessman who has no friends. 


Natalie, she is about the same age as me, between. She feels like a strong woman by the way she talks,especially “Shut up”. She wears a black sweater and blue jeans.Enough of my own judgement,back to the story. 

“How am I going to get out of here?” Ask Norman. 

“Is  us , and I got an idea already.” I said and I pointed at the vent above me 

“If we get to the vent and open it, we can probably  get away from this room.”I continue. 

“But how are we going to reach the vent, it is too far. even if we reach it, the vent may be too small for us.” said Norman.

 “For you maybe,but not for me,and I got an idea of how to reach it,”said Natalie. 

“I think I know what you are thinking and I think it might work, I will be the base.”I said. 

“Care to explain to me, you said this is us here, and now you are not filling me in?.” complain Norman. 

“Here is the plan, just like rock climbing but you will be the stone, Anson will be the base and you will go on top of him , and you both will lift me.”said Natalie 

“And open the vent and find a way to get us up.” I continued. 

“Me,with him! No way,he is stinky and maybe even carries disease!”

 “Shut up and do what I said , get away and we  will never see each other again.” Said Natalie.


     Eventually, Norman agrees to cooperate and we process with the plan. I stand below The vent, bent my knees and Norman gets on top of me, Natalie steps on my hand,then my shoulder, then Norman hands,Norman shoulders and finally reaches the vent.

     “Give me a moment to unscrew it” and she starts to unscrew the vent with nothing but her finger nail,Impressive. 


When she was done, she threw  away the vent cover and went in, Norman unmounted and  we sat on the floor. I keep looking at the vent,and her.She doesn't look like a bad person. 

“thanks for your awesome idea,now we have to figure out how to get up to 

the  vent, that girl is gone and is not coming back.”Said Norman. 

“You seriously think I am that kind of person, I ain't like you.I got a rope, now hop on and climb up.” said Natalie as she threw the rope down. 

“Do you hear something,some machinery sound.” I said 

“Don't distract me , you are not leaving me here.”said Norman and he started climbing the rope. 

“No,something is really…..” and my imagination became true, the floor started to separate into two half. 

“Hurry,both of you.” said Natalie as we were climbing on the rope. 


When Norman almost reaches the vent , the floor is completely gone and exposes a layer of green slime under it with something moving. After Norman barely got in the vent,something horrible happened, a large creaking sound came out from the rope and I froze. 

“Hold on , I am coming” said Natalie as she rushed to the rope and pushed Norman aside. 

“Grab my hands Chinese.” 

First try , I failed and the rope cracked even more. Second try, I did it. I hold on to Natalie's hands and the rope is torn in half and falls into the green slime. 

“Don't you dare let go Chinese.” said Natalie, but half of her body is hanging out already. 

“I am too heavy,we will both fall if you don't let go.”I said, and I tried  harder to lift myself up but planned for the worst.


More of her body comes loose and she is now holding on with her legs. I suddenly got an idea that I learnt from YouTube. I said 

“I got an idea,but you have to trust me, let me go when I said go and you pull yourself back in the vent.” 

“No way, you are not Spider man” said Natalie. 

“trust me, or die together.” I said. 

“No one is going to die today, I can pull you back up!” shout Natalie.

 I ignored her and pulled out two  pieces of super strength bubble gum from my inner pocket of my jacket, I peel open the cover with my teeth , chew a bit and stick it to my shoes. 

“let go”I shouted loud and clear, she didn't, and repeated again.

 “Trust me , I got it.” I said, and she let go of me. 


I quickly  stick my feet to the wall and keep myself balanced,like Spider man.


     Finally i got up the vent, with both luck and miracle. 

“Can't believe bubblegum save you,don't risk your life for some experiment” said Natalie 

“If it wasn't you , we would be  gone together.”I thanked her and I also looked down the pit of green slime, the pieces of the rope were gone,my guess is the slime is some sort of acid, I am lucky I didn't fall in the hole. 

“Where is the Norman guy?” I ask 

“Don't know, don't care.Maybe he go himself.Let's go, follow me. And we leave that horrible acid room.”


Led by Natalie,we arrive at a hallway, there is a metal door at the end of the hallway, but I don't think it will be that easy, and my instance is right most of the time. 

“Stop.” I said, awkwardly and frighteningly. We both stopped . 

I searched my pocket , I found a few coins in my pocket, and  I realized my wallet was gone. I threw my coin to the hallway,almost instantly a bullet shot off from the ceiling and shot right in the center of the coin. 

“Told you it won't be easy.Now, any idea of how to get through ?” I asked 

“We can activate the trap with something.” said Natalie.

 “I have two coin left.”I said,and I looked around the room to see if there was any clue.

Today is my lucky and unlucky day, I found a switch on the wall. It blended in with the dark colour wall and made it harder to see.

 “Found a switch.”I said. 

“I found some drawing on the wall too.” Natalie said. “Coming” I said. 


The drawing is not much but shapes, triangle,circle,square,circle, circle,square,triangle,circle,square,triangle, and the last shape it half wipe out,only a straight line on the bottom,it could be a triangle or square. Next, we check out the switch,with protection of course. 

Natalie tied my jacket on the switch, we duck down and I pull my jacket and turn the switch,no trap is triggered but some red laser appears. The laser is very close to each other,a coin might pass though but a human will  not,I had two solution.One, run past the laser and hope a miracle will happen. Two, trigger all traps before we go pass. I choose two,not because I don't trust miracles,but because it is too risky. 


I threw a coin to the first layer of the laser beam,an arrow instantly shot out from the Wall with the height as my head.But the red laser is still on ,that mean the trap is still activated,i suppose.Next, I throw my second and last coin out though the hole between the first layer and land on the second laser of laser beam. This time, a knife was thrown out from the Wall at the height of my knee.The third one is the one I tried the first time,a bullet shot from the ceiling.

 “I got a theory,come”, Natalie shouted. 

“Here is the shape,what if the trap and the shape correspond?The first one is a triangle,and an arrow shot from the wall in the first laser.The second one is a circle, and a knife thrown out from the Wall.And the third, a bullet from the ceiling. What if,the shape is a pattern, a pattern to guild us pass the trap?”

 “Are you sure?If you are wrong,we both die.”I warn her. 

“There are 11 shapes,including the faded one,and there is 11 trap,hence,we already know triangle is an arrow shot from man height,circle is a knife thrown out from knee height,finally, square is a bullet from the ceiling.”Explain Natalie.

 “There is no going back,do you really trust your theory?” I ask,again. 

“What the worst could happen, I will go first.” Natalie smiles, and starts going across the laser beam trap. 


Dodge,jump,hop to side,jump, jump again,hop to side,dodge,jump,hop to the side, dodge…..everything gone so well,Natalie theory is right, the shape is correspond to the trap, but things gone wrong in the final one, the half wipe out one.Natalie started to push her luck, she dodge,but it was not an arrow, but the most unexpected one,knife. A knife thrown out from the wall, a sharp cutting knife, snapped in her leg.Lucky that she respond quickly and get out of the trap to the other side of the trap,where the door are.I quickly jump pass the trap and look at her wound, the knife is still stuck in her leg,but she is awfully quiet compared to normal ,no scream,no biting tongue and no yelling for help,just like nothing happened. 

     I know not much about first aid, but I know that she needs some basic treatment. I tore a piece of my jacket off and covered her wound,and slowly removed the knife. right when I removed her knife,Natalie freaked a bit ,but took it back very quickly. I tore more pieces of my jacket and covered her bleeding wound with it.Then,I raised her leg up to stop bleeding. Natalie speaks.

 “Thank you,but why?you can just leave and forget everything here ,if this door leads outside.”

 “No one dies today,you remember?” I ask her back, and continue to stop her bleeding. 

“Thanks,if we ever meet again,I will get you a meal.”said Natalie.

“If we meet again in a rather peaceful situation,”I promise. 

“Sure” she smile. While we are talking, her wound stops bleeding. 

“Let's go.”said Natalie “You sure you are good?there may be more deadly traps awaiting us.”

 “I said once and normally won't say twice,let's go.”said Natalie with her “superwoman” mood back. 

“As you wish” I said,and we headed on to open the door.


     Depressingly,that is not an exit,it is another room, as soon as we enter it, the door closes and some blue gas spreads from all around the room. 

“Help!” I yelled.. 

 there was no response, and I saw Natalie lying next to me.I can't hold much longer either, after a final bang, I fell into darkness and kept falling deeper,deeper and deeper……….



© 2020 TryerStudio


Author's Note

TryerStudio
First chapter out of six in the Agent Anson series. Stay tune for chapter 2. As always please message me for any grammar /vocab mistake or suggestion for future writing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on March 7, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2020
Tags: Agentanson, Agent, spy, tryerstudio, undercover, hype, action, adventure, story, anson


Author

TryerStudio
TryerStudio

Fredericton, NewBrunswick, Canada



About
Welcome to Tryerstudio where i post my indies stories Please leave a message if you like my story. If you want to see more feel free to check out my other stuff Instagram: tryerstudio Deviant Art:.. more..

Writing