Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by R

Her nails scrape against the walls, desperately trying to find an opening in the rough stone. She couldn't feel anything. Her senses were dulled and there was a hard knot in her stomach. Where was everyone? Why was she alone? She couldn't be alone. Someone needed her- but she couldn't remember who.


  

Sitri was laying on her bed, cool white sheets soft against her skin. Naila was sat in the chair near the window, waiting for her friend to wake up. She sighed, thinking of hazy memories of her life before she had befriended the girl sleeping across from her.

It was impossible to ignore her even then, charming and enigmatic, curly blonde hair and warm brown eyes had drawn Naila in instantly. It was hard to imagine the woman she knew now used to look like that- so warm. Her hair was straight now and silvery grey, devoid of any color. Her once warm eyes were a milky blue. She looked like the life had been sucked out of her. The only source of colour on her body were the raised pink scars across her cheeks.

She was still beautiful. Naila thought so at least. She was like a god, beautiful and untouchable, something that could be admired from a distance and lusted after. Some nights, Sitri would call her into her room. Naila treasured every bruise and scar left by her loves teeth.

    Sitri stirred in bed, opening her eyes. “Pen.” She murmured, not even raising her head from the pillow. Naila sighed and handed her a notebook and pen, chasing any thought of their nights together out of her mind. How could she love someone so deeply who was still tied to another? Sitri began to write fervently and the other took that as her queue to leave, hanging her head as she left the room.

   After her girlfriend had died last year Sitri had fallen apart. Hael had died during a summoning, she had been attempting to communicate with a spirit who ended up being too strong for her to handle. Hael had been a support for them all- but especially Sitri. They had founded the school together, Hael always making sure her girlfriend took care of herself and help her do anything she'd wanted.

    The silver haired girl wasn't used to being alone. She's always had the other by her side. Her only solace was in writing letters.

     Hael,

My dearest, the veil of the spirit world is thinning. Like lace lain over silk. You more than any other know my mind does not summon these creatures, it merely stretches the fabric of our world, allowing them through. I am afraid. The threads of lace can be easily pulled and stretched, but silk unravels.

It is difficult my love, to protect and teach. I fear for my students. We’ve lost three people in the last month due to demonic attacks. I weep for them all. If they are not safe here with me imagine the danger those who are not with us are in. No matter what outsiders think- those wretched creatures of silk and bone, I cannot force anyone to join me.

    People are growing suspicious, we’ve had reporters try to invade our home. They call us murderers, but one is not a murderer for slaughtering cattle.

    I miss you my love. I sit now on our bed and feel how cold the sheets are without you beside me. As through the vines of ice from the other world are tangling my legs and pulling me even farther from your memory, I long to feel your warmth, to see ideas flicker and burn behind your eyes. I cannot do this alone. Come back to me.

                                  With undying love,

               Sitri


Things had been quiet lately. No major incidents or injuries, everything seemed peaceful. Sitri spent most of her time in the garden, her fair skin protected from the sun by the mourning veil she had taken to wearing. She tried to spend as much time outside as possible, letting the energies from her plants strengthen her magick.

The door creaked as one of her friends stepped out into the garden. “Good morning, Astra.” Sitri smiled, turning from where she stood in front of a patch of purple orchids. “Did you need something?” The other stood a bit timidly in the doorway. The sun shining against her dark skin reflected in patterns of orange and gold, her power obviously charging in the warm rays. It was unusual to see her without her twin, Sitri felt a slight tug of concern. The other just smiled softly and took a step towards the flowers. “I just thought I would go for a walk,” She turned her golden eyes to Sitri. “Do you know the meaning behind orchids?” The silver haired girl shook her head. “‘I will love you forever.’ They’ve been coveted for centuries.” She out stretched her hand, a tender sprout of green beginning to grow out from her palm. “They were displayed like jewels in Victorian England, more precious than gold.” The orchid in her palm began to blossom, petals fanning out into a crown. “They bloom in every color you could imagine,” She glanced at Sitri’s veil. “Except black.”


Late at night is when it hurt the most. When the stars were stiflingly hot and burning and the pressure of darkness pressed down on Sitris chest until she could barely draw breath. How could one feel like they’re burning from the inside out while still shivering?

Before on nights like this, when the shadows of night and the heat of the stars chased sleep away, Hael would be beside her. She run her cool hands down the other girls skin and tell her stories. She’d whisper in her ear and press gentle kisses along each knob of Sitri’s spine until she could finally sleep.

She was alone know, though. With no one to comfort her or chase away the whispers of demons in her head. She thought briefly of calling for Naila, but it wouldn’t do any good. Her friend brought her little comfort these days, reminding her only of the responsibilities she would have to wake up to. On the nights she called Naila into her room it was impossible to forget everything. The girl would cling to her side, whispering words of love and radiating a sickening amount of heat. It made her skin crawl.


Warm skin would yield under her touch, her lips heating with every fervent kiss to her back. There was no warmth anymore, no fire or passion in the breath passing her lips. She traced the scars lining her cheeks, biting her lip as she dug her nails in deeper and broke the skin. Hot blood pooled on her palms as she smiled, burying her face in the warmth


Sitri awoke with a start, blades of pale sunlight cut through the curtains and into her sensitive eyes. Stinging pain shot through her cheeks, the raised scars on her skin were throbbing. The sound of feet hitting stone rang out as she ran into the bathroom, collapsing in front of the mirror.

The skin of her face was pulsing with heat and her eyes were purely whited out. “Naila!” she screamed, her voice tearing through her throat and sounding broken to even her own ears. She curled in towards her stomach as her friend ran into the room.

“Sitri?” she asked nervously, leaning down to presses kisses to the others head.

“Please,” the other cried, moving her hands away from her face to look up. Her hands were caked in blood from the now open wounds on her cheeks.

“Sitri? What happened? Is someone hurt?” Naila asked, knowing that the physical pain of any of their family directly mirrored onto Sitri. But no one else had been hurt. There was nothing that she could think of that would’ve caused her friend this pain.

The silver haired girl shook her head, her breath coming in short sobs. “My scars,” she shouted. “It’s the scars! It’s Hael, she- I can feel her!” Naila dropped to her knees to crawl over to her friend and pull the others hands down.

The slashes across her cheeks were swollen and torn, the scar-tissue ripped open and gushing. The redhead shook her head, taking her friend face in her trembling hands. “Sana mea,” She whispered. “Sana mea.”

A soft glow radiated out from her palms, lacing together her friends wounds. Sitri’s tears began to slow as the pain ebbed and her eyes cleared. She took a deep breath and looked into her friend's eyes, anger flooding her thoughts.

A growl tore through her throat as she pushed the other off her, her hand connecting solidly with the soft flesh of Nilas cheek. “Why would you do that?” She shouted, her hand raising again. The other ducked away from the blow, wrapping her arms around the other’s thigh. “I-I’m sorry, please-”

Sitri landed a swift kick to her stomach, ignoring her friends pleas. “Out! Get out!”
“No, please don’t-” Naila’s curls bobbed as she shook her head, still trying to maintain her grip on the other girl. Sitri dropped to her knees, tears completely dried. She grabbed a handful of red hair and yanked it back. “I don’t love you. I will never love you. You disgust me. Get. Out.” She spat.

Naila’s legs trembled as she walked from the room, tears prickling the back of her eyes. How could she have been so stupid? How could she have ever thought Sitri had cared for her? She was a god, untouchable and brilliant, why would she ever sink to such a low level. Naila was a eager piece of flesh under her hands, nothing more. She traced the collar of bruised that on her neck as tears began to fall.



© 2017 R


Author's Note

R
First draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on May 5, 2017
Last Updated on May 5, 2017
Tags: Lesbian, fantasy, dark fantasy, lesbian fiction, lesbian romance, horror


Author

R
R

OH



About
Lots of lesbian fantasy and adventure stories. more..

Writing
Robin Hood Robin Hood

A Story by R


Preface Preface

A Chapter by R