Taste Of Each Delectable Soul

Taste Of Each Delectable Soul

A Chapter by turducken.
"

Death; such an elusive, alluring concept it is.

"

Death; such an elusive, alluring concept it is.

With its provocative facade and lethal temperament it is feared and admired by even the greatest of men. No one can escape the fatal claws awaiting them the next corner they turn, watching patiently to ravish their bodies with no remorse. For death hungers for a taste of each and every delectable soul. To attempt to flee has been proven futile, for there are more than a million ways to meet death, and it has never been fond of solitude.

But death, this is something everyone is certain about. Everyone is fully aware of the tragic event tolerantly lingering for their arrival; there is no question about the fact that we will die. However, what awaits us afterward has always left one wondering.

One could follow a religious path. Pursuing that train of thought could leave one thinking that once death took its toll, violating one’s being for the spirit harboured inside, they would reincarnate into another animal of some sort. Which animal would of course depend on one’s life’s events, the ultimate goal of nirvana taunting their naive little hearts.

There is also the belief that some indefinite deity who possesses an overbearing amount of power is pulling the strings from above. This could leave one positive that they will sprout brilliant, pristine wings that will stretch incredibly large and take them upon the wonderful world of heaven. A paradise brimming with happiness and serenity, constructed of clouds and dreams and every hope that’s ever been crafted. A place one can truly experience peace.

That, or the world will crumble beneath their feet and they will tumble into the fiery pits of hell. There, according to the sinful life they led, they endure their eternal punishment, accompanied by Satan himself.

There is always talk of purgatory as well, lacing with the two above. Many speculate on the conditions of limbo, different aspects to each. Numerous believe this is where one cleanses their soul, suffering only temporary retribution for their felonies. Once purification has been successfully undergone, each essence untainted, they rise into the coveted heavens.

Some envision a waiting period; this being the set where one must experience the process of being admitted into heaven. It is imagined that weary souls assemble and moans mingle in the dead air, each their patience wearing thin. Until finally a light is bestowed on a select few who rise to their rapture.

Or there could be nothing at all.

However, while every moment he breathed Noel was closer to his inevitable death, he never gave any of this a thought.

Noel Benoit had died; his fateful day appearing on July twenty-third, 2010. However, he was never greeted by immaculate angels or malicious demons. In fact, he hadn’t had the faintest clue of where he was. All he knew was the distinct ticking echoing in the chambers of his mind.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.



© 2010 turducken.


Author's Note

turducken.
I'd love to get your thoughts and stuff since I'm new here, and that would be uber kewlskies.
Fersure.
:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my god.

The detailing is breathtaking and everything flows perfectly. The way you described death gave me chills. I honestly cannot wait for another update. I'm subscribing to this, seriously.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 2, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2010
Tags: death pergatory heaven life hell


Author

turducken.
turducken.

Ontario, Canada



About
and we could sit here talking about how cool i think i am, and we could sit here talking about how i laugh at my own jokes, and we could sit here talking about the end of the world, and we could sit h.. more..

Writing
Tick Tock Tick Tock

A Book by turducken.