Questioning the Answer

Questioning the Answer

A Story by The Violent Wolf
"

Sometimes He says 'yes', sometimes He says 'no' and sometimes He says 'wait'.

"
Once upon a time there was a little girl. And once upon a time she lived with her happy little family, with four others. Her family was friends with another family of five. And once upon a time that family had a son who was cute and funny and liked Beanie Baby's and cars. And sometimes the two families would get together and while the adults talked and drank coffee, all six of the kids would play together and have a Beanie Baby war. And the little girl liked the boy who played with Beanie Baby's because he was always nice to her. And once upon a time that nice boy got sick. So the little girl prayed to God, because that's what you do when someone gets sick. But once upon a time it didn't work. A few days later that nice boy died. And the little girl cried because he was gone. People go away when they die. Once upon a time there was a boy with bright eyes and a beautiful smile. But that time is past now.
Once upon a time there was a girl who wasn't so little. And once upon a time she lived with her family, with four other people. She met a boy at school. A boy with sad eyes and a sad past. And once upon a time they connected and became more than just friends. And the girl and the boy talked a lot and hung out and she earned about his sad past and he learned about her different past. They helped each other through rough days and sleepless nights. And once upon a time the boy had a bad night and he took more than just a hand full of pills. the girl couldn't do anything to stop him. He was standing at deaths door. And she was beyond scared and didn't know what to do. So she prayed to God, because that's what you do when you're beyond scared and don't know what to do. And once upon a time it worked. The girl who wasn't so little was overjoyed because she would still be able to talk to him, to hand out with him, like they had just last week. Once upon a time there was a boy whose eyes weren't so sad and who smiled more. But it wasn't just once upon a time, because he's still here.

© 2013 The Violent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This made me smile. I like the repetition of "Once upon a time"
It does seem a bit choppy, but somehow you make it work
It feels more like a poem then a story

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Violent Wolf

10 Years Ago

thank you :) glad you liked it haha yeh, and sometimes my poems seem like stories, because i don't r.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013
Tags: time, girl, boy, sad, died, pray, family, scared, past

Author

The Violent Wolf
The Violent Wolf

Pascoag, RI



About
I can't write well upon demand. I have to wait until a picture, theme or whatever hits me. I use real world experiences in my writing. Music is an inspiration. Some of my poems or whatever are random,.. more..

Writing