Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Briteskylar

                    Danisty avoided George and anyone else she could for the next few weeks. She managed to show up to only one potions class in three weeks. She hadn’t showed up to the meals either. She had a lot on her mind. She had been hiding her emotions, from every one. She even avoided the dorm rooms; she fell asleep on the couches watching the flames of the dying fire dance.


                Belle and Draco had been worried about her; they would sneak into the kitchens after every one had gone to bed, but she refused to go eat. “You need eat something.” Belle would say. Draco would just nod. “Come on Dan.” Belle had started calling her Dan a few weeks after school started, “There must be something wrong…Do-Not-Shake-You-Head-At-Me!” she would say sternly as Danisty would shake her head, telling her noting was wrong.

 


                September had been pulled out right from under her. They had about two weeks before the other schools were supposed to show up. She had started showing up to lunch but skipping the other meals, she also started to go to every other potions class. She hated seeing professor Snape, but she had if she wanted to pass her owls.  She was also still avoiding the dorms. She had managed to not see Pansy the whole month.

 


                Danisty had been keeping in touch with Myla but refused to tell her what was going on with her and Snape. She was now refusing to call him dad. She had sat at the table doing what homework she had left, which was Astronomy. She was amazing at hiding her book smarts. “How do you manage to get all bloody perfect O.W.L.S. on everything, including potions if you are never there?” Draco asked repeatedly, but Danisty just shrugged.

 


                “She cheats! That’s how!” Belle muttered.


                “I do not! I read and do the homework!” She muttered back. She was halfway done with her homework when the common room started to clear out. She looked up and stared at the fire. It was her favorite pass time.

 


                “Dan…Dan!” Belle heaved a sigh, “DAN!”

 


                She shook her head, “Sorry, what?”

 


                “I said I was going to bed, will you be up tonight, or sleeping out here?”


 

                “Erm…I’ll be there.” She gave a half smile, as she closed her book, “I have to go send an owl.” She muttered. She walked through the prostrate hole and snuck up to the owlery.  A white snow owl landed on her shoulder, “Hi baby.” She petted her head softly, “Did you have a good hunt?” The owl hooted and landed on the lowest perch. She tied the letter to Adaleena’s leg, she nipped Danisty’s finger affectionately before she hopped on. Danisty carried her to the edge of the tower and watched her fly, until she was just a white spec.


 

                She hadn’t heard anyone walk up next to her, “I see that you are sending an owl to Myla.” A soothing voice came from her right. Danisty turned and saw a tall older man with long white hair and beard and his eyes were a sparkling blue that looked as if they could read your soul. His face looked aged, and like leather. She gave him a half smile and nodded her head. “There has been a rumor that you have managed to get perfect marks on potions and yet you have not attended all the classes.” He motioned to the stairs before walking to them himself.


 

                “I have.” She half whispered.


 

                “And why have you gone to all classes but potions? Would it have anything to do with what happened when you and Professor Snape last spoke?” Danisty nodded. “That gift you have can be very powerful, and as you have experienced, hurtful.” Danisty nodded again. “Not much for words tonight are we?”


 

                She shook her head, “Not tonight professor.” She sighed, “I wish I never would have found how he felt for me.”


 

                “You know as much as I do that when Severus has been hurt by someone, he wishes hurt upon them.”


 

                “But Professor Dumbledore, I never hurt him.”


 

                “Or maybe you did, but just didn’t know it.” He placed his fingers together and brought them to his mouth before speaking, “He told me that you wish to be called by another last name.”


 

                Danisty sighed again, her eyes glistening with tears, “I did.”

 

 



© 2009 Briteskylar


Author's Note

Briteskylar
Not done yet just the start.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on August 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 8, 2009


Author

Briteskylar
Briteskylar

NV



About
About me; ·Just a lost girl looking to find the right path in life. With a lot of detours & big dreams along the way. ·Whovian ·Potter head ·Twihard ·Write.. more..

Writing