Pain of A Poet

Pain of A Poet

A Poem by Uc Amalu Jr
"

A poet cries out

"
My poems are unread and dismissed as soon as they see they have been written by me.
For what purpose have I been given me this gift if not to share it with the world.
But what if the world does not want it?
Am I the only one to read my poems?
Will my only readers be my eyes?

© 2011 Uc Amalu Jr


Author's Note

Uc Amalu Jr
A lot of poets spend time and compose poems, but they never get read. Was it worth the stress?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel the same so often! It funny how things go. I find that I get more reviews from my friends on Facebook then I do on here. Keep it up. Don't quit! You will find your audience.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can identify with this. I love the feeling I get when a reviewer leaves me encouraging words.

Like me, I'm sure there are other reviewers out there who are pressed for time. Real life gets in the way of reviewing, and instead of returning the favor of their reviewers, they gravitate towards the easy route--writing and hoping to be gratified by more reviews. I know I have been on both ends of the spectrum.

In the meantime, the more I review, the more writers I'm exposed to, I suppose. I will share this work as much as possible to help people see your point.

Thanks for the reminder, and, as always, keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah yes....I feel this! You know, in truth we say you have to write for yourself but in absolute truth we want them to be seen, I think....I am constantly on the roller coaster of that LOL This is divine wording love and know your work is read, noted and enjoyed very much xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


no send me your request I will read them as you have so kindly done with mine
yes its worth the stress even if you only read them your self
tk

Posted 12 Years Ago


It makes me feel bad. Which is because a poem should bring emotion to the reader. So I would say this short poem has a lot of impact. GOOD JOB!

.display. Megan
.memberID. 040
.division. IV
.division.leader. Uc
.name.Megan
.username. unknownteenager
.novels.Trace of Time
.status. New Member
.join date. 07-15-11

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very profound piece, and very true as well. In modern times, appreciation for literature is at a low point. Many people don't bother to read easily accessible books of fiction, much less poetry. A large portion of the people I know have never even heard of any of the famous poets whose work was once widespread and widely beloved. There has been a lot of wasted talent because people get discouraged when they don't get read. However, it is worth the stress. Even if only a few people appreciate it, you have still created a piece of art, and the number of people who like it and read it does not define its quality. Some of the worst books ever written are also some of the most popular. Many of the greatest artists who ever lived were not even recognized for their talent until long after they were dead. Therefore, one should always continue writing if they're lucky enough to have the talent. It's an uncommon thing and far worse than having virtually no readers is refusing to continue because of a lack of readers. Keep writing. One day, you will be glad you didn't stop.

Furthermore, the poem is well written and despite its shortness conveys everything that it intends to. Good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

847 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 17, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2011
Tags: Poem
Previous Versions

Author

Uc Amalu Jr
Uc Amalu Jr

calabar, CR, Nigeria



About
I'm a young writer. creative. Remarkable. Okay! Now I'm bragging. A med student and wanna-be writer, not interested in any other thing-So when I ain't reading, I'm writing. That's all about me.. And .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Uc Amalu Jr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Be Still and Know Be Still and Know

A Poem by L