Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
getting away from the world's views

getting away from the world's views

A Story by Kaleigh Erin Sheets

I'm sure you have been told how to be happy at least once in your life. Your whole life you are going to be told who you should and shouldn't be, to be happy. We live in a world that tells you to be yourself then they aggress differently to it. Everyone is brought into the 'American Dream.' Which includes going straight to college after high school, getting married, getting a job, having kids, your kids moving out after they grow up, you then retiring, and usually death. Or we have another way of living fame and fortune that is also thrown into our faces by the media. One thing that the world leaves out is that most of these people who are 'worldly,' are very unhappy. A lot of the kids that you see in high schools, on the media, or around town that 'have it together' or are considered as 'the popular kids' are also the ones that are breaking. Most people put on an act for the world to see, and what most people forget to realize is we are all human. All of us, including the kid in the back of the class that most people tend to forget about. At the end of the day we are all looking for one thing, happiness. So why do most of us find it in our own matter to make someone feel completely horrid about themselves you may ask? That is because many of us human beings are damaged, and we hide between countless things to hide our pain that way the world and other people won't find out. We all have this 'image' that we try to maintain for people to see. What a lot of people don't realize is at the end of the day many people completely are shattered. They put on a view for everyone else to see for what? To be happy for a short amount of time that way other people in ten years who won't matter get a bit of satisfaction. If we are going to be honest here a lot of people's 'good friends' talk bad about them. They do it for more attention that probably won't even last very long. Now let's get to the people who do there own thing. Most of those kids who aren't really caring about what the world thinks are the ones who get the most crap, but the difference between them and the popular kids are they really couldn't careless. The popular kids usually are wanting to be someone that the kids not getting recognized are. One of the biggest differences from the kids not getting recognition and all the people getting all of the attention is that they usually are content and happy. They don't listen to what the world thinks, and they defiantly don't try to maintain the 'American Dream.' The world tells you so many do's and don'ts, it gives you guidelines that you have to go by, but one thing that the world doesn't tell you is that at the end of the day you are left with your thoughts.  People are constantly changing, and in ten years the friends you had today probably won't be your friends down the road. The college that your mom wanted you to go to will have all your money and you will be left with an occupation you can't stand. The world is one big crazy adventure, there are so many paths that you can take.. So why not choose the one that makes you happy? Life is this one crazy place, and that is the beauty in it too. So, why not take advantage of it? 

© 2015 Kaleigh Erin Sheets


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on September 8, 2015
Last Updated on September 8, 2015
Tags: #worldly