Soulmates

Soulmates

A Story by Bridgett

We call them soul mates.  They are the ones that will fill the void deep within us, heal our broken hearts, and are the missing piece to our puzzle.  Searching without end, we often look in all the wrong places for this supreme individual, letting the desire to love and be loved overcome all rationality.  It is this miscommunication between our heart and mind that often leads us to become involved in destructive relationships.  We push and push for the relationship to be what we want it to be, when it is clearly not meant to be more.  What we do not realize is that for the few of us, a soul mate is not meant to be found in the form of a lover, but in the form of a friend. 

Often, we do fall in love with this friend at some point and try to make more out of it, but for some reason, things cannot progress.  However, you can't just say, “This can't work,” and walk away because this person is attached to you. You can't forget them because this person is unforgettable.  Nothing can explain the connection you have with this person because it's supernatural and above and beyond what you've ever experienced.  When someone is so close to you that you cry with their pain and smile with their happiness and can't imagine your life without the presence of theirs; this is when you know you have met your soul mate.  Some of us are blessed enough to meet our soul mates and become lovers, spending the rest of our lives unconditionally loving the one who is our missing piece. For others, this person comes in the form of a friend.  So, while searching frantically for someone, somewhere out there to fulfill you, stop and take a look around.  Your soul mate could be the one already standing by your side.

© 2010 Bridgett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2010

Author

Bridgett
Bridgett

Lexington, KY



About
I am a writer who loves the topic of love. All of my writing focuses on that because that is what inspires me. I haven't written anything new for about 4 years, but I plan on getting back in the groo.. more..

Writing