Long Distance Relationships

Long Distance Relationships

A Story by Bridgett

One of the biggest obstacles many people face when in a relationship is the problem of distance.  Inevitably, whether due to personal choice or unavoidable circumstances, the miles grow between two people and a strain is put on the relationship.  A lot of lonely nights commence spent looking through old photo albums and snuggling with some type of paraphernalia he or she gave as a gift, finding comfort in Jack, Jose, or the Captain.  Although being separated can be a trying time for both people in a relationship, it is important to always remember that miles are no measure of love.  Just because one person is separated from the other does not mean that the relationship will fail or cannot last.  If both people are willing to make the relationship work and are fully committed to the other, distance becomes but a small bump in the road instead of one huge boulder.  From the telephone to webcam, there are so many ways of keeping in contact with your significant other.  So, before changing your Facebook status to some depressing quote from The Notebook or preparing yourself for a night out with the three guys, take some time to evaluate the relationship.  If you want to be with this person and are willing to make it work, go for it.  Do not let distance become the deciding factor on whether the relationship will work or not, for love surpasses all things.

© 2010 Bridgett


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2010

Author

Bridgett
Bridgett

Lexington, KY



About
I am a writer who loves the topic of love. All of my writing focuses on that because that is what inspires me. I haven't written anything new for about 4 years, but I plan on getting back in the groo.. more..

Writing
Soulmates Soulmates

A Story by Bridgett