Surviving

Surviving

A Chapter by undeadghillie02

Thankfully I was able to squeeze into an underground bunker type of thing. It was hard, but I managed. I had a radio, and once I head that it was safe to leave, I bailed. I swore from that point on, I would do whatever necessary for me to survive. Im leaving to go scavenge for supplies, hopefully i'll find something.
"That's it, I swear." I say. The slightly elder man looked me in the eye. I looked around the room at the rest of the people. "Just my journal." I explain to the man. He didn't lower his gun. "Alright, I also have this." I reveal my Benelli M4 shotgun that I used for protection. I threw it to the ground, where my journal was, and put my hands back up. "For real, though, that's it."
The man lowered his gun, but said nothing. There was a brief moment of silence. "C-can I maybe go now?" I ask. The elder man with the gun laughed. "We gotta system here, if we let'cha go, we show'em that anyone can rob us." He explains.
He was right, to be honest. I was hoping I would get by. "Come on, man. Im just trying to get by in a world of mutants and crazy people that want to kill me, is that too much to ask that you let me go?" I ask them. "Guess what, we're trying to get by too, so don't give us any of your damn bullcrap." A lady spoke up. The elder man signaled her to stop. "She's right. We don't take that excuse because you know what we're doing? Survivin'. We ain't gonna have some person rob us and lettem get away with it. You owe us a lot right now." He says.
"But it's just a stupid can of beans! I can give you it back, and not come back! That simple!" I say to him.
"Every can is important. Now, you're gonna stay with us and pay off a little 'debt'. When we say you can leave, you can leave." The elder man responds.
The man is wearing a tattered beige shirt, along with some ripped, torn, and faded jeans. He has short frosty white hair, and a rough face. He has a small stubble and sideburns the same color as his hair.
I sigh. Obviously, there's no way of getting out of this. "Alright. What do you want me to do?" I ask him.
"Well, we're low on supplies and not to mention we need someone to guard the perimeter." One of the men say. "By the way, my name's Sean." The man says. "Im Scott." I reply back. I look at the elder man. "Oh, me? My names Vincent. Vincent Burrows." He says.
"Alright, now that we got roll call, we need to move on." A scruff man in a plain black t-shirt says. "Don't mind Jim, he's always like that." Sean says with a smile. "So, i'll go take - er, find supplies and come back here." I say to Vincent. "Will do. We'll keep this place down, stay safe out there. The more help we get the better." I exit the fenced area.
"Vince, I don't see the point in this. How can we trust him after trynna steal our supplies?" Jim asks Vincent.
"...We Can't." Vincent says.


© 2015 undeadghillie02


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015
Tags: Family Of One, Adventure, Post-Apocalyptic, Teen


Author

undeadghillie02
undeadghillie02

Jacksonville, FL



About
I am an amateur writer that specializes in Horror, Suspense, Adventure, Mystery, and some Sci-Fi. I try to take in a wide variety of genres, but the ones listed above are the ones I do the most. My.. more..

Writing