Saudade tides

Saudade tides

A Poem by grace
"

Long lost in your lullabies...

"
i still think about u.
still think about u.
only think about u.

u're in my head not in my life, why?

you know it's not easy for me to let my guard down,
but for u i did, i did everything and it came crashing back at me.
you know its not easy for me to forget you now,
i still wake up in the middle of the night when ur raining over my dreams.

unleashed me, bestowed me,
then breached me, broke me.
dont tell me it was just me.

saudade tides taking over my life,
i can't remember who i was before i met you.
always there in the back of my mind,
i'm searching for signs, this reverie sublime,
echoes in my mind, so lost in saudade tides

you took the other road, caught another eye
for another day, another crime
but i'm still lost in this labyrinth of time

its been days, its been years,
its been heartbreaks and tears,
but u're still there.
like a catchy song in my mind,
like perfume that lingers like a lullaby,
u're still there all the time.

saudade tides taking over my life,
i cant remember who i was before i met you.
it was in your eyes, that shined so bright
always taking me on a ride,
but now i'm just lost in saudade tides

no, you're not easy for me to forget,
so, i'm writing this to tell that,
i still think about you,
all i ever think about is you.

© 2024 grace


Author's Note

grace
I apologize for sharing so many lyrics of my songs recently, for they hold a special place in my heart. However, this particular composition is a heartfelt offering that you can dedicate to ones for whom your love shall always remain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lot of writing comes from places of heartbreak, unrequited love, and many other things. Your words are honest and straight to the point - someone came into your life and then left, as if it was an easy choice to choose, and they left a hole in your life that they used to take up. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is able to be immune to these kinds of things. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


Gee, this was dark...
Have faith in tomorrow and believe in today.
Do not forget that...
Nothing lasts forever, and all we have is us, ( ourselves ) focus on that.
But overall, I got a weird feeling with growing intensity as I wish I could read more. I thoroughly enjoy your piece. All is well - Peace to you.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


It took me many years to get over someone. I was abused for roughly 6-7 years, off and on, by someone who basically lured me across the country. It wasn't until I learned what I know now that I was basically just a pawn to her. She wasn't physically or emotionally capable of love.

I spent nights crying over a person who literally hired people to harm me, for 300 dollars and a television set. I thought I'd be AT LEAST worth 2 grand and a 70 inch flat screen, but she must have gotten a good deal that day. I'm to a point where I can joke about it. Even the people who tried to hurt me apologized more than she did.

And I STILL was broken over this person.

Perhaps this poem truly is inspired by someone who mistreated your heart, long ago. Perhaps it's fragments of hurtful people glued together for the representation. Either way, your kind heart deserves equal. You're allowed to set boundaries. To tell people "No." Perhaps you already know this, but I myself need reminders.

This is a wonderful poem, and it's wonderful being back on WritersCafe to see it :)

Posted 2 Months Ago


It can take many years to let go of people within the heart and mind completely. Sometimes dream creep in and remind us even when we have stopped thinking of the person during the day. This poem is showing that the heart is finding it difficult to let go.

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Yes, exactly. And sometimes, it feels nice and nostalgic, but sometimes it's just frustrating and sa.. read more
From one songwriter to another - this is good. I love those kinds of songs - the ones you can just sing with a soulful heart.

Keep writing!

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Thankyou so much for reading it! I'm glad u liked it :)
I love the emotion you put into this poem. You display the effect this person had on you, even after a long period of time. Continue to write and share your gift.

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Thankyou so much for your kind review!! I wrote this with these feelings and i'm glad you understood.. read more
Very good...
Saudade is a Portuguese word I am well familiar...
Great construction of lyrics.
Loved the poem.
Great work, keep it on.

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Thanks bestie!! I'm glad u liked it
'"i can't remember who i was before i met you" '

A person who can love and hurt in different tones, who gives then takes away, the one who stays yet stands back. Moods in love and out, altering just a flicker, as your words harmonise then... change key.

You write so emotionally. You compose and add words that most cannot for themselves - for that, thank you, grace.. and more.

Posted 2 Months Ago


emmajoygreen

2 Months Ago

Would be impossible to NOT like your song... :)
grace

2 Months Ago

Thank you so much for always encouraging me like this!!
emmajoygreen

2 Months Ago

We all need encouragement once in a while, grace. When poetry or lyrics, is shared is only kind to .. read more
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Thankieesss!!!
ah the melancholy tides of longing. Lovely poem Grace. Terrific use of rhythm and sound. Love the myriad of ways you've integrated "u" into the work.
I also love the title. Saudade is one of those beautiful words only true word lovers collect. Not exactly translatable into English, which the Portuguese and Brazilians use to convey melancholy, but much more, just as you have here.

ken

Posted 2 Months Ago


grace

2 Months Ago

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! I've read it like 10 times now and i won't stop. I'm hu.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 7, 2024
Last Updated on February 10, 2024

Author

grace
grace

About
hey to all the beautiful pieces of art here. I love writing and reading poetry, and i may post some of it, so I hope you all like it!! "Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die, I don'.. more..

Writing
Dear beloved Dear beloved

A Poem by grace



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..