Twilight- Ever and the After (part two)

Twilight- Ever and the After (part two)

A Story by Stef Outsiders
"

Fanfiction

"

Chapter two- Broken Promise

 

I told mother and father I had to see Jake. Father being his protective self refused.  

"dad, I want to see jake!" I demanded.

 

"No Renesmee, we don't know what the dangers are with this prophecy we saw and heard. Their could be other's waiting, and you could walk into a trap. you' re safer at my side."

 

"I'm not being house bound dad!"

 

"you have your mother's stubbiness," he grinned contently and ignored my demands. 

 

"DAD" I shouted. Throwing my hands in the air as he went to join Uncle Jasper, Emmett and Grandpa Carlisle. They went into the other room and had a family meeting, which annoyed me even more. Disgusting how to keep me safe, they might as well lock me up and throw away the keys. I'm not staying here, jake needs me and I need him. 

Why they were distracted, I went to my room and grabbed my mother's old coat. I had to think of something else so Auntie Alice would not see my decision. I opened my large window and climb onto the thick brunch from an old tree. In doing so I heard a knock at my bedroom door and I had to vanished quickly.

I run as fast as I could through the forest and picked up jakes scent from where we last stood. I followed it all the way back to Forks. My mother's old home and of course Grandpa charlie still lived. I don't see grandpa often, as he hasn't been well to travel. Two years ago he was diagnosed with Cancer and has been battling it ever since. Mother told him there was another way and told him she wanted to be immortal as aging was her greater fear. And he too could live forever if he wished it, but grandpa didn't take to the news so lightly as she expected. He refused to be changed. he said " I'd rather die as an old man." I say stubbiness run's firmly from his side of the family.

 

As I near grandpa Charlie's home, the outside of the house looked dull. like it hadn't been lived in for years. Mothers old truck sat where she last left it. I guess grandpa wanted to keep something she was fond off. 

 

As I walked up the path way, someone came out of the house. It was Sue, at first she did not recognize me and took her a few moments to remember. Then her face grew into a welcoming smile. "Renesmee," she beamed. She welcomed me with open arms. "It's been a long time!" 

"Yes it has, too long. How is grandpa?" I said peering at the house. 

 

"why don't you go in and see him? He needs a familiar face." Her eyes glazed over, meaning she was holding back the tears. 

 

"Yeah sure!" I said hugging sue again. She lead me into the house and nothing had change. Apart from the smell, it smelt of disinfectant and odor. I forget my smelling senses are sharper than humans. but I bared it and continued into the diner. Where grandpa Charlie sat, drinking orange juice and cleaning his favorite gun.

 

"Hi Grandpa" I said softly. 

 

He put his gun down and looked right at me. With his gaunt cheeks and less hair then I remembered, it was hard to tell if he were happy to see me. "Hi Grandpa" I said again softly. Waiting for that loving smile, it never came. 

"The treatment has taken it's toll on him so go easy." Sue reassured and squeezed my hand.  

 

I sat the other of the table and he returned to cleaning his gun. "How is Bella?" was the first words he spoke. And I was pleased he asked about her.

"Same old mom, well less of the old," I tired to kid. "How are you grandpa?"

He finished shining his weapon and placed it across the table, dividing us and held it there for a few seconds and sighed.

"Still walking and talking," he let out a loud cough. "Does Bella know your here?" 

 

Then I suddenly thought, I snuck out of the house without a thinking about a good lullaby to cover my antics but I didn't intend on visiting Grandpa, my plan was to see Jake. But couldn't leave without seeing Grandpa Charlie. "Not exactly Grandpa! I came to find Jake,"

I waited for his reaction, he only sees me as a young girl and even though mother had explain how my growth works. He still thinks of me as a child. 

"You came all the way from Alaska by yourself, I'm surprised you're father is being so careless," He grumbled.

 

"No, I snuck out. I had to come see Jake, something happened back in Alaska!" 

 

"What happened? is Bella OK? Are you OK?" He worried and reached for my hand. 

 

"Mom is fine, No one was hurt. I will explain another time, right now I need Jake and you need you're rest," I said, cupping his fragile hand in mine. He yawned and slowly rose from the table. Sue came to his side and held him up. "It was lovely seeing you Renesmee, send love to Bella for me. And should visit again soon." 

 

"I will Grandpa, I love you." I wanted to hug him so badly as I watched him walked off to bed. But I was afraid of hurting him. Sue nodded at the phone, Giving me the impression I should use it to phone Jake. 

I went to the phone and placed it against my ear, dialed the first three digits and then thought, 'forget it, he won't answer or even worse is not home' I slammed the phone down and as I was about to turn, it rang. 

 

"Hello," I answered.

 

"Renesmee!" I harsh tone breathed through the receiver.

 

"Jakey!" I frowned but my heart fluttered, even when he sounded angry.

 

"You know where I'll be." He said coldly and put the phone down. Yes I know where he'll be, the only place in forks where we can truly be alone, Is where my mother and father once stood. The meadow. 

I left the house and traced the trail my father laid all those years ago, before we moved from forks. It brought back all the good as well as the bad memories. I could smell the flowers in a small clearing up ahead. 

 

 I Pushed myself through the brushes that hide this place so well and there waiting, was Jake. As he turned, his expression was far from what I expected. "Jakey," I said faintly. All I wanted to do was run up to him and squeezed him to death, tell him that he is forgiven and go home. My body had a mind of its own and was drawn to Jake like a magnet, it moved till I were inches from his chiseled chest. 

"Nessie," He sighed and hung his head low. "I'm sorry... so sorry for..." I hushed him as I already know. I don't blame him for what happened to Ambulina and Fesus. 

"Jakey... kiss me!" I yearned. He hesitated for a minute and I placed my hand upon his cheek, to prove he was forgiven and I want nothing more than for him to kiss and hold me right now. I've missed him. 

Jake's left hand crossed the lower part of my back and he pulled me close to his body, the heat warmed me instantly. The other tangled itself in my hair and rays from the sun laminated my skin and lit up his flawless face. "I love you Jakey!" I whispered as our lips came together and had urgency to taste each other's tongue. He pulled me in tighter like he scared to let me go, but he did. He let go.

"I can't do this." He whined and buried his cheek against my ear. "I'm not coming home." My eyes shot open and for minute I thought I died.

"What, why?" I frowned and a small tear formed. Not of mine but Jakes, though it did not fall.

 

"I hate hurting you Nessie... I made a promise and I couldn't keep it." 

 

"It does not matter..."

 

"Yes it does." Jake snapped. "I was born to kill vampires Nessie... it is in my blood."

 

"No it is not, it is the wolf; not you!" I softened my words as his breathing was unsteady.

 

Silence fell upon us and jake started pacing the grass. I watched and hoped he'd reconsider coming home, we have never been apart, it's just not possible.

He finally stopped pacing but kept his back to me. "Man It actually hurts being a wolf, hurts not being able to switch it off... all it takes is one stupid vampire to..." jake mumbled.

 

"... and someone you love to calm it down," I added as I came up behind him and just about wrapped my arms around his thick waist.

 

"But what if one day you can't Nessie... I'd never forgive myself," 

 

I kissed his shoulder blade and notice it gave him goosebumps and pressed my ear against his back; I could hear his heart beat soundly with mine as I still hugged him. Jake twisted around to face me again. Holding me with both hands. "I married you because I want to keep you safe, not to hurt you. You will always be my wife, my Nessie. I think its best I stay here for a while." He placed a tender kiss on the top of my head, then to my brow and finally reaching my lips. "First i'll have to return you to your father, he must be going crazy. Not that I care because you are with me." He said.

 

I did not want to go home, not without him. But I wasn't going to fight his decision. The world would seem like a different place with him not at my side, I wondered if this was the same feeling my mother had when my father left. She told me it feels Like falling but no one is there to catch you, you just keep falling and people; places seem to fade into the background because there is nothing else you want more than the one you love. You do everything in your power to bring them back, Like jumping of a cliff. Mother may have her extreme's but her love is different. She would killed herself if anything were to happen to father. Where's I would morn and die slowly of a broken heart. 

 

We came to Grandpa Charlie's house and Auntie Alice's car was outside. Jake put me down and right on Que, Auntie Alice came storming out followed by Uncle Emmett and Roslyn.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen, what do you think you are doing?" She raged. 

 

"Chill Alice, she's fine." Jake replied, keeping me at his side.

 

"Jacob you could of called?" 

 

"what, so you're physic abilities didn't see this happening? talk about reliable!" Jake was getting cocky and refused to hand me over to Auntie Alice. 

 

"Jake stop it." I said. I itched my way forward into Alice's opened arms. "Jakey please come home," I begged again, he yanked me back and Auntie Alice passed a fowl look. 

"I'll be home soon,"

 

"promise!"

 

"Nessie..." he let his big arms hung loosely at my hips and looked at me in defeat. "... I promise!"

 

Apart of me felt glad I can walk away trusting he will return. But the other part will be unbearable. 

© 2010 Stef Outsiders


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 19, 2010

Author

Stef Outsiders
Stef Outsiders

United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone I am writer but still have a long way to go, have been writing for four years now, i like to read, love art, photography drawing and designing! I'm 26 years old, have two beautiful ch.. more..

Writing