Yesterday

Yesterday

A Poem by universelfkati

You took my hand and the world fell at our feet.

We danced through the days and played through the nights.

Unscathed by the bitter truth that told us we were never meant to be.


Until one day I forgot to smile at the sight of your bright eyes, and you forgot to keep the promise of a better tomorrow.

Our finger floated together out of habit as we looked past our souls and into the hearts of strangers.


Now I search for your silhouette in the empty seat taunting me from across the table.

I reach for a ghost’s hand, as a memory reaches back.

Filling the moment with air as empty as the line of lip-stained wine glasses that slur on about happier times.

© 2019 universelfkati


Author's Note

universelfkati
Does this speak to you?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Damn! This is expertly done. Incredibly sad however. Yes, it speaks to me.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I really do love people who creatively write such beautiful words. The poem was very light at first and suddenly struck with a hint of sorrow; wonderful writing. "I reach for a ghost’s hand, as a memory reaches back," great line!

Posted 4 Years Ago


It definately speaks to me, the past love- questions and scenarios we can torture ourselves with, in the hope of it all being for a greater reason.

Very well written, you put me at that table with you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


yes, very much so...three divorces later...forever seems a myth...and lovers become strangers.
empty air having to be filled from within.
nicely done, kati.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2019
Last Updated on July 9, 2019
Tags: heartbreak, love, poetry, soul

Author

universelfkati
universelfkati

About
Just me yet so much more. Exploring the universe through feelings and expressing through fleeting words. more..

Writing
Tash Tash

A Poem by universelfkati