Poets Mind

Poets Mind

A Poem by unspokenpain
"

poetry speaks

"
Will you listen to the words I speak? Can I get you to really hear me? What will you pull from what I say? What color should I let you see? Shall these words be soft and sleak, Or must they be rough and rugged. I can use words as bright as day, Or make them dark and non-beloved. Is what I speak dull and grey, or soothing and soft like cotton? If I fail and my words are weak, Then my name will be forgotten. Will you walk out and remember my name? Will you go to your friends and repeat my poem? If I was selling a product to you, Would you say it worked or called it broken? What each of you pull from this, won’t be the same. Goosebumps will run through some, while others not. As long as it’s loved, if only by few. I will paint a picture with words, that others cannot. To reach out to the world, that’s my aim. I will leave behind my words, words that can sing. I promise to write something that all can view. Even if the world forgets, the name Andrew King.

© 2016 unspokenpain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This kind of reminds me of a poem by Ra'hel that goes like this : "I told all of myself to the very end,
brought to the wine-press all my harvest of grapes,
and fell silent.
Will you hear my silence,
you who never heard my words?"
Your poem creates the same kinda of feeling. I like it

Posted 8 Years Ago


unspokenpain

8 Years Ago

I've never read that but I will look it up. Thank you for your feedback!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2016
Last Updated on February 1, 2016

Author

unspokenpain
unspokenpain

CA



About
Poetry speaks when my words can't. Watch me dance with words. Watch me create a world. I will undress who you are. Realize the masochist inside of you as my dominating words grasp that which lets you .. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by unspokenpain