Reality

Reality

A Poem by unspokenpain
"

Poetry Speaks

"
I know my dream of being a superhero won't come true. A meteor won't crash into my room and give me powers. The girl that shines like the stars won't tell me I'm the one she saw in her dreams, then say destiny will keep us together. Heaven exists in my mind, but won't be asking for my help saving it. We could be in war, but I can't snap my fingers and make us shake hands. I dream of the world, the world created by me, for me and you. A world that exists, a life that exists, yet only inside my mind, the one created in the early hours. How many times have you said you loved me, smiled and wiped my tears from my imaginary cheeks, then said you wouldn't want another. I pretend reality can be blended with fiction, I can close my eyes then wake up to a life of bliss. I walk through life pretending someday I'll fly, and I watch as reality keeps me on land. My dreams of being a superhero may not be true. The girl that shines like the stars might ignore me for you. Heaven probably doesn't need me to save it from falling into chaos that's been long overdue. We may start another world war, yet I doubt i'll be the one to stop the feud. My dreams may stay dreams, my pencil might be my only weapon... But i'll keep writing stories, and dreaming of a world where reality sees fiction... and i'm the hero of it too.

© 2016 unspokenpain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

really nice, good idea of dreams and all, its good, touching.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

unspokenpain

8 Years Ago

thank you.
One can get to know the true nature of a person through his dreams more than through words or actions.

Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


unspokenpain

8 Years Ago

thank you for the compliment

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2016
Last Updated on February 13, 2016

Author

unspokenpain
unspokenpain

CA



About
Poetry speaks when my words can't. Watch me dance with words. Watch me create a world. I will undress who you are. Realize the masochist inside of you as my dominating words grasp that which lets you .. more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Poem by unspokenpain